Chapter Thirty-One: Robot Fight Club

Luna's Pov

I was in the lab watching the trio train.

Bree was punching a punching dummy while Chase and Adam were fighting each other.

Dad walked into the lab and clapped his hands, "all right, guys, gather up. Today, we are going to be studying one of the most time-honored traditions in Japanese culture" Dad said.

"Ooh! Nun chuck combat?" Bree asked.

"Samurai sword fighting?" Chase asked.

"Wrestling ginormous dudes in diapers?" Adam asked and we all looked at him weirdly.

"We will be studying the great martial art of aikido, the key principle of which is to deflect your aggressor's attack by using his own speed and strength against him" Dad explained.

"Can we just get to the part where I obliterate them?" Bree asked.

Dad's phone ringed and he smiled.

"I have to take this. Uh, it's about money. Which is not more important than you, but is a very close second" Dad said.

"Excuse me" I said while glaring at him.

Dad smiled at me and kissed my forehead, "you my baby girl are more important then money, I was talking to them" Dad said.

I smiled and nodded before he walked away.

"Hey, Adam, attack me" Chase said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Okay. Your hair is stupid, you're short, your face is weird, you're weird, Luna is too good for you" Adam said.

"I meant hit me" Chase said while glaring at him.

"Okay, good, because that was going to be a really long list" Adam said.

Bree then walked in between them and gave Chase a look.

"Wait, wait, wait. Are you sure about this? Adam is ten times stronger than you" Bree said.

"Doesn't matter. With aikido, a weak opponent can defeat a much stronger one" Chase said and I giggled.

"Ah, but what if the weaker opponent fits neatly into an overhead storage bin? I'm talking about you" Adam said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Just hit me" Chase said and Bree moved away.

Chase and Adam got into a fighting stance and Adam attacked first but Chase grabbed his arm and flipped him over.

I smiled and clapped for him, "go bubba" I cheered.

He turned around and smirked at me and sent me a wink.

"And that's all you need to know about aikido" Chase said as Adam groaned on the floor.

"Oh, I get it" Bree said before grabbing Chase's arm and flipped him over.

Chase fell to the ground and groaned in pain.

"Bree, that's not aikido!" Chase said.

"Oh, really? My bad" Bree said as her and Adam smirked before doing some hand motion and walking out of the lab.

I walked over to Chase and kneeled in front of him as he sat up.

"You alright bubba?" I asked.

"I'm fine sweetheart, thanks" Chase said with a smile and I smiled back.

"Anything for you" I said.

Chase smiled before pressing his lips onto mine

I kissed back and caressed his cheek.