Chapter Eighteen: Dude, Where's My Lab?

Luna's Pov

Finally it was summer vacation.

Before dad met Tasha and got married we would always hang out together.

He would take me to go shopping and buy some toys as a kid.

He would sometimes take me to the beach and we would stay there till dark.

We would eat ice cream together, play in the sand, and go for a swim.

Now that he got married to Tasha and her and Leo moved in with us I thought we would've spent time together as a nice happy family.

But I was dead wrong.

Dad decided that summer vacation meant that he could spend more time testing out the trios bionics.

It's annoying and dumb.

So right now me and Leo are in the lab while dad and the trio are testing out something.

The trio each had this thing around their necks while dad was using some sort of device.

He was able to control their movements with that device and that's what they're doing now.

"If you're bored we can always sneak out and do something fun" I whispered to Leo.

"If this continues we make our escape" Leo whispered back and we both fist bumped.

"Come on, Big D, it's summer vacation! Let's hit the beach. Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!" Leo cheered and I giggled.

"Not now, Leo. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right, guys?" Dad asked.

"Good times" Adam said sarcastically.

"A blast" Chase said sarcastically.

"I'd rather watch Tasha's doing the news then be here" I complained and dad glared at me.

"Okay, are we done here? I wanna go be normal for a while" Bree yelled in complete annoyance and I agreed.

She took off her neck thingy and threw it at dad's computer and sparks flew.

Tasha walked in with a tray of drinks in her hands and she dropped them all to the ground.

"Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding, or oozing around here?" Tasha asked in complete annoyance.

"Ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment" Tasha said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry, honey. I... you know... maybe... maybe Leo's right. Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach" Dad said.

Me and Leo smiled at each other and high fived.

"Ahh!" Adam cheered.

"Yeah!" Bree cheered.

"We'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech-free" Dad agreed.

"Oh, that is exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?" Tasha asked with a smile.

"Of course. You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius" Dad bragged and I rolled my eyes at him.

Tasha smiled and left the room to head upstairs.

"Wow, Big D, it's really nice of you to blow off work for my mom" Leo said.

"Yeah dad, I'm impressed" I said with a smile.