Chapter Fourty-One: Bionic Showdown Part One

Luna's pov

I was so happy and relieved when the trio came back safe and sound from their mission and they did an amazing job completing it.

The trio walked into the lab with smiles on their faces as they cheered.

"Guys, that was awesome! You just prevented the biggest oil spill in history!" Leo praised them and I nodded as we walked over to them.

"Pretty slick, huh?" Chase asked with a smirk.

"If only we could've prevented that disaster of a pun" Leo said as he walked away.

I smiled and kissed Chase on the cheek as he placed his bag on the cyberdesk.

"I'm glad you're alright" I said to Chase and he smiled.

"Me too" Chase said as he pecked me on the lips.

"Hey, uh, Mr. Davenport. Anything you'd like to say to us, rhymes with 'good job'?" Bree said.

"The answer's in the clue" Adam said with a smile, causing me to giggle.

"What were you guys thinking?" Dad asked.

"Nope. Not even close. Two more guesses" Adam said.

"You completely ignored my mission plan, improvised everything, and jeopardized the entire mission" Dad said in frustration.

"Mr. Davenport, we bust our butts all the time. And all you ever do is sit around the lab making lists of things we did wrong" Chase defended himself and his siblings.

"I do not just sit around making lists of things you did wrong" Dad defended himself as he hid his tablet.

"That's true. He also practices taekwondo in his tighty-whities" Leo said and I nodded.

"They are not tighty-whities. They are breathable exercise briefs" Dad said but we just looked at him weirdly.

Soon Eddy appeared, "whatever they are, keep your swinging high kicks away from my screen!" Eddy said.

I giggled once Eddy had left.

"Look, you guys got lucky this time, but without my precise planning, you are opening yourselves up for disaster. So just follow my orders" Dad told them as he walked away.

"Well, maybe your orders aren't always right" Chase said in annoyance.

My eyes widened in shock along with Leo as we looked at dad who had stopped dead in his tracks to turn around and glare at Chase.

"Um, excuse me" Dad said.

"He said, well, maybe your orders aren't--" Adam started but dad cut him off.

"I heard him!" Dad yelled in anger as he walked out of the lab.

"That was intense" I whispered to Leo who nodded in agreement.

The Next Day