Chapter One Hundred & Five: Human Eddy

Luna's Pov

Me, the trio, Leo, Nick and Alexis were all in the cafe eating and talking together.

Then Perry walked in and waved at us.

"What's up, meat bots?" Perry smiled as she sat down on a nearby table with a magazine in her hands as she puts her feet on the table.

Dad then walked into the cafe as he looked at Perry, clearly angry.

"Excuse me!" Dad yelled.

This caused Perry to jump as she dropped the magazine before looking at dad.

"What do you think you're doing? This is the fourth time this week I've caught you blowing off your security rounds" Dad said in annoyance.

"What do you expect? This job is too hard for one person. How am I supposed to patrol the grounds, monitor cyber security, and still find time to steal from you?" Perry asked.

We all looked at her weirdly while dad sighed in annoyance.

"Look, you asked me for this job. If you can't handle it, maybe I should find somebody else" Dad scoffed.

"Please, that would do us all a favor" I sighed in relief.

This caused the others to laugh while Perry glared at me but all I did was shrug.

"Good luck trying to find someone else who wants a high-paying job on a tropical island" Perry scoffed while rolling her eyes.

We all looked at her weirdly and just sighed.

We then heard noises from the background and turned around to see that the monitor was acting fuzzy.

"Hey, what's going on with the monitor?" Chase asked.

"Somebody probably hacked our signal because the sheriff wasn't doing her job" Dad said while pointing at Perry.

Perry held up her hands in surrender while we all got up from our seats and walked over to the monitor.

When we got there the screen went back to normal and someone I was so happy to see showed up.

"Hi!" Eddy yelled in a cheerful tone.

My eyes widened as a huge smile appeared on my face.

However, I can't say that the trio and Leo had the same reaction as me.

"AAHH!!" the trio and Leo all screamed in fear together.

This made me, Alexis and Nick jump in surprise while the students all looked over in our direction.

"I've been trying to get in here for months. I had to go through all sorts of firewalls and security blocks. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't want me here" Eddy said.

I frowned, I do want him here.

Eddy's my best friend and it's been a bit lonely without him.

"We don't want you here!" Leo yelled in annoyance.

This made me glare at him while the trio nodded while Alexis and Nick stood there confused.

"Well, look who finally got a big-boy voice. Still waiting for the rest of your little-boy body to catch up, huh?" Eddy asked in a mocking tone.

This made me and Alexis snort while Leo glared at Eddy and just shook his head.

"Eddy, you're supposed to be in Mission Creek with Tasha" Dad sighed as he turned to look at him.

"Don't worry, she's fine. I triple-locked her in the closet. Even her man-paws can't claw through that" Eddy said.

The others looked at him with wide eyes while I just sighed with a small smile on my face.