Chapter Eighty-Three: Adam Steps Up

Luna's Pov

Me, Chase and Bree were in the training area along with the students getting ready to tell them about the bionic battle.

I was standing next to Chase with his arm wrapped around my waist as the three of us walked towards the middle.

This caught the attention of the students as they stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to us.

"All right, listen up, guys. We're introducing a new element to training-- the bionic battle. Each week, two of you will be pitted against each other in a physical challenge" Chase said.

"To the death?" Spin asked with a small glare.

We all looked at him weirdly as Leo turned around to glare at him and answer for him.

"Yes, Big D built this multi-million-dollar facility to train and house you just so we could pick you off one by one" Leo sarcastically said.

The both of them glared at each other, making me sigh and roll my eyes.

"So each week's winner will earn points toward advancing to the next bionic skill level" Chase said.

"And the loser gets...well, humiliated" I smirked.

"Spin, since you're the youngest, you get to choose an opponent first" Bree said.

"Yes!" Spin yelled before turning to the other students and glared at them.

"Scared? Ya should be" Spin said, trying to be intimidating and it was actually working.

I've taught him so well.

"No, no. This isn't about scaring people. No one's going to get hurt" Chase said.

As soon as he said that a basketball is thrown at him and hits him in the back.

"Ow!" Chase yelled as he turned around.

Me, Chase and Bree all walked into the common area to see Adam, Bob, Alexis, Nick and a few other students shooting hoops.

Well, mostly the boys were playing.

Alexis was leaning against the wall with a small smile on her face.

"What are you doing?" Chase asked.

"We're throwing this thing at that thing. I'm an athlete" Bob grinned.

"Adam, you're a mentor now. You have to start acting like one" I said and Bree nodded.

"I am. We're supposed to teach them how to use their abilities. So...we're havin' a bionic slam dunk contest" Adam said.

"How is that teaching?" I asked in annoyance.

"Don't look at me, I'm just watching them" Alexis shrugged.

I looked at her and a smirk appeared on my face as I crossed my arms.

"You sure? Or are you checking out Adam?" I asked.

Her eyes widened when I said that and she started blushing as she playfully punched my shoulder.

"Shut up" Alexis groaned, making me giggle.

"Incoming!" Bob yelled.

We all turned to see Bob running towards the basket as he jumps and makes the shot but he's holding onto the basket and is now dangling from it.

"Bob, get down from there!" Bree yelled in worry.

"Sorry, little lady. No can do" Bob said while shaking his head.