Chapter Five: Commando App

Luna's Pov

I was downstairs in the lab with dad, Leo, Adam, Bree, and Chase

We were all discussing about their second first day of school today, this time we wanted to make sure everything would go well for them.

Trust me, we don't need a repeat of last time.

"Okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. But you are about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crushing, apocalyptical environment, high school" Dad shuddered in fear.

We all looked at him weirdly before he continued.

" Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable" Dad said.

"Yes! I'm going to school" Bree smied.

"I'm fairly stable" Adam said.

I rolled my eyes at him and let out a small giggle.

"But, Chase, I am still concerned about your Commando App" Dad said.

Me and Chase frowned at dad.

"Commando App? Put on some underpants. We're going to school" Leo said.

I scoffed before smacking him upside the head.

"No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's Commando App kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call Spike" Dad said.

"Woah" I said and dad nodded.

"It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless. And I replaced it with a testosterone level of like a tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad" Dad explained.

"Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head" Chase reassured him.

"Oh, yeah? You mean like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves" Dad said.

"Do I even want to know what happened?" I asked.

The three of them shook their heads.

"Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel" Adam gagged.

"You know, letting Chase go to school, isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out" Dad said.

"Dad come on. Chase has to go to school, please let him go" I said.

"Oh, come on, Big D. Chase has to come" Leo said and I nodded.

"With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. That's right, y'all. Put on your coats 'cause I'm about to ride your tail" Leo said.

He started smiling and pretending to gallop like a horse.

The others looked at him weirdly while I scoffed.