Chapter Thirty-Five: Parallel Universe

Luna's Pov

Dad had dragged all of us down to the lab to show us a new invention he made.

I am curious to see what it is but also annoyed since I was just going to stay in bed all day and snuggle with Chase.

"Inventing the wheel? Boring. Discovering electricity? Snooze. Sliced bread? Lame. But now, Davenport Industries introduces the world's first..." Dad announced.

He took of the sheet and revealed his invention that was some weird metallic thing with some silver structure.

"Proton Fuser!" Dad yelled.

'Are we supposed to be impressed?' I thought.

"You know, for a scientist you'd think your payoffs would be a bit more proportionate to your buildups" Leo said and I nodded.

"Uh, the payoff is that it allows us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses sub-atomic particles, so we can understand how planets form" Dad explained.

"Well, we already understand how boredom forms" Bree said and I giggled.

"Haven't you ever wondered where stuff comes from? Galaxies? Stars? Planets?" Dad asked.

"This stuff, no" Adam said while pointing to the proton fuser.

"Onion rings, yes" Adam said with a nod.

"Guys, I have always wanted to build this thing, and now it's a reality. It's an important life lesson. If you have a dream, believe in it, 'cause it can happen" Dad said while placing a hand on Leo's shoulder.

"Um, Mr. Davenport, isn't it dangerous to tinker with the fabric of the universe?" Chase asked and I giggled.

Adam smiled and let out a small laugh, "he said tinker" Adam said.

"Yes, technically it could destabilize the earth, or open a wormhole into a parallel universe. But, I made it and I wanna play with it, so..." Dad started.

"Prepare to be amazed!" Dad said before walking to his machine to start it.

"Or gravely injured" I deadpanned, making Chase chuckle.

"Once again, big buildup, teeny, tiny payoff" Leo said.

"Why do I get a feeling something might happen?" I asked.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I'm sure everythings fine" Chase reassured me as he wrapped one arm around my waist.

Soon we heard footsteps and we all turned around to see Tasha walking into the lab.

"Okay, the popcorn is popping and the movie is uploaded. Or downloaded. Whatever, the red thingy is blinking green" Tasha said and we all gave her a look.

"Just head upstairs, it's movie time!" Tasha yelled and we all cheered and started running to the elevator.

"I do love a matinee" Leo said with a smile and was about to leave but Tasha stopped him.

"Oh, hold it, mister. No movie for you until you finish your chores. Your room is a mess, and you haven't washed the dishes in days" Tasha said.

"But, I've been looking forward to this movie all week" Leo protested.

"And I've been looking forward to clean dishes all week" Tasha said.

" Really? Well, that's just sad" Leo said.

"Wait a minute, what about Luna?" Leo asked.

"Excuse me, don't drag me into this. Unlike you I've already done my chores" I said and Tasha nodded.