Chapter Twenty-Two: Concert In A Can

Luna's Pov

I walked into school and smiled when I saw Adam and Chase sitting on a bench.

I walked over to them and smiled.

"Hey guys" I said.

"Hey Luna" Adam said.

"Hey babe" I said as I kissed Chase on the cheek.

"Hey baby" Chase said with a smile.

I turned around and saw a kid I've never seen before.

"Baby, I want you to meet Marcus. Marcus meet Luna, my girlfriend" Chase said.

I smiled and extended my hand, "nice to meet you" I said.

"Nice to meet you too Luna" Marcus said as he shook my hand and winked at me.

Chase didn't notice, which was good, but I was uncomfortable so I just nervously smiled at him and moved a bit closer to Chase.

Leo walked over to us and waved.

"Hey, peeps. What's the deal-io?" Leo asked.

"Hi. I'm Marcus" Marcus said with a smile.

"I know. We have gym together" Leo said but Marcus looked confused.

"And study hall. And also chemistry. We're lab partners" Leo said but Marcus continued looking confused.

'This is comedy gold' I thought.

"Oh. I... did not know that" Marcus said and I giggled.

"Chase, you ever play guitar?" Marcus asked.

"No, but I've always wanted to" Chase said.

"Well, I'm a jammer as well. My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling" Leo said with a smile.

"Leo, Tasha said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed" I deadpanned.

"I passed it" Leo defended.

"Here, Chase. You want to give it a go?" Marcus suggested as he gave his guitar to Chase.

"W-- yeah-- yeah. Sure. Why not?" Chase agreed.

"You got this bubba" I said with a smile.

He smiled and nodded.

I'm assuming he used his bionics because he started playing really well and soon he was on the ground, continuing to play.

Once he stopped everyone was staring at him with wide eyes and jaw dropped.

He smiled nervously before getting up.

"Uh... What do you know? Beginner's luck" Chase said as he quickly handed the guitar back to Marcus.

"Well I got to go, but see you guys at lunch" I said.

I placed a soft kiss on Chase's lips and he smiled.

"Love you bubba" I said.

"Love you too sweetheart" Chase said.

I smiled and walked away to get to my next class.

Lunch Time

It was lunch time. We were all sitting together with Marcus.

"So me and my dad moved around a lot. I was homeschooled for most of my life" Marcus said.

"No way! So were we! We are so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?" Adam asked.