Chapter Sixty-Four: Joining The Team

Luna's Pov

So much has happened.

Krane nearly killing Tasha, Leo and dad.

Me not being able to save them because I was handcuffed to a fucking chair.

He nearly destroyed Adam, Bree and Chase but thankfully Douglas showed up and stopped him.

Never thought I'd say this but thank you Douglas.

But of course dad still doesn't trust him and kicked him out of the house.

I really don't blame him because Douglas did capture us, nearly made the trio into his soldiers and Leo nearly died.

But I can see it in his eyes that he's trying to change and be better.

But dad can't see that, so it'll take him some time.

Anyways, right now me, the trio and Leo are with dad in the lab with dad.

Dad wants to train with me a bit more with my bionics.

"Alright pumpkin, I want you to use your superspeed on this uncooked burger" Dad said while pointing to the burger in Adam's hand.

"And please hurrry because I really wanna eat it" Adam said.

I scoffed but nodded either way.

I took a few deep breaths before activating my heat vision.

My eyes turned red as I shot my laser at the burger, making sure to just heart that up and nothing else.

After about a few seconds I stopped.

Adam then took a bite out of the burger and grinned like a baby that gets candy.

"Nice job pumpkin, you're getting much better at your bionics" Dad said.

I smirked and flipped my hair.

"Of course I am" I said.

This made the others laugh while dad scoffed but smiled.

Chase walked up behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Nice job sweetheart, you're getting really good" Chase said.

I smiled at him and rested my hands on top of his.

"Thanks bubba" I said.

"I can't believe all your training is almost done. It's amazing right?" Bree asked with a smile.

"Yeah it is, I was really scared that I wouldn't be able to control my bionics when I first found out about them" I said.

"Well at least we were here to help you" Adam said.

I smiled and nodded.

"I'm still so bummed out that you get bionics while I don't. Not fair" Leo said in annoyance while pouting like a 5 year old.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"So dad, is there anymore training I should do?" I asked.

"Actually, no there's no more training to do" Dad said.

"Really?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, she's managed to control all of her bionics during her training. She seems to have everything under control" Dad said.

"Awesome" I grinned.

Chase chuckled as he kissed my cheek.

"However, there is one thing I need from you" Dad said.