Chapter Nighty-Five: Spider Island

Luna's Pov

I was in the common area with Alexis, Nick and Leo

Dad had taken all the students out on their first field trip to Gettysburg while us mentors got to stay at the academy.

But what I don't understand is why Leo is here since he's not a mentor, he's a student.

Me and Alexis were talking while Nick and Leo were talking.

We heard footsteps and turned around to see Douglas walking into the room with his phone by his ear.

"Yes Donnie, I'll take out the garbage. No Donnie, I won't experiment on the kids' bionics while they're asleep again" Douglas sighed in annoyance.

This made our eyes widened as we turned to look at him.

Douglas turned and saw that we were staring at him.

"It was one time and none of you even notice" Douglas said.

We all gave him weird looks before he went back to his phone.

"Gotta go. Yes, I miss you too" Douglas said before hanging up.

He put his phone in his pocket and sighed before walking towards us.

"Well, Donnie and the students made it to Gettysburg for their first official field trip" Douglas said.

"Bionic kids and cannonballs. What could possibly go wrong?" Leo sarcastically said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before crossing my arms at him.

"You're a student. Why didn't you go?" I asked.

"Oh, Big D thinks I'm there. When he takes attendance, I paid a kid 5 bucks to yell 'Here!' and another kid 10 bucks to yell 'Shut it, Leo'" Leo said.

Me and the others nodded in understanding as Nick snorted.

Then Bree walked in while carrying some books.

Leo smiled and walked over to her.

"Oh, hey Bree. I ditched the field trip, so I could hang out with you guys. What should we do on our day off?" Leo asked.

Bree looked at him like he was joking and started laughing.

"Our day off? No, this is my day off and I already got it all planned out. I'm going to sit by the pool and read a book" Bree smiled.

"That sucks" Alexis scoffed.

Nick rolled his eyes while I snorted and nodded.

"I'd ask you to join me, but I live and work with my family, so I'm sick of all of you" Bree scoffed.

"Hey!" me, Alexis and Nick yelled.

"Except for you three of course" Bree smiled.

You would think she would be looking at all three of us when she said that but the truth is she was mostly looking at Nick.