Chapter Twelve: Death Spiral Smackdown

Luna's Pov

Luckily the others were able to make it up to Leo after celebrating his party without him.

Right now I'm in my room getting ready.

I took a nice shower and changed.

I walked downstairs where the others were

The others were by the kitchen counter. I made my over to Chase and sat next to him.

"Hey baby" Chase said, "hey babe" I said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"After school today is the big Death Spiral Smackdown. Me and Adam are gonna unleash the fury" Leo said and I smiled.

"You guys gonna come watch?" Leo asked.

"We'd love to, but we're gonna go to the mall and check out the escalator. I finally mastered the art of stepping off without tripping" Chase explained.

Everyone looked at him weirdly while I giggled.

"Ooh, um, were we supposed to do that today? Shoot, I-I can't make it. I have a really big test to study for" Bree said.

I raised my eyebrow at her, I know damn well she's lying.

"What? Okay, fine. I just hope those old ladies are there again to clap for me" Chase said.

"No worries baby, I'll go with you and clap for you" I said.

He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Never had this cereal before" Leo said as he grabbed a box that were filled with some food pellets inside.

"No, Leo! Those are power pellets" Bree warned, "I don't care what they're called, as long as they make my milk chocolaty" Leo said.

"No. They're bite-sized pieces of adrenaline that activate our bionics" Chase explained.

"Yeah, but, we don't eat them anymore because we learned how to active them ourselves" Bree said and I smiled.

"They taste like dog treats without the livery aftertaste" Chase said with a smile and we all looked at him weirdly.

"I'm guessing" Chase quickly said.

"Well, I guess I'll just have these" Leo said as he grabbed another cereal box, and this one actually looked edible.

"Careful, Leo! Those are Powdered Sugar Cookie Donut O's. Studies have shown they slow down your brain activity" Chase warned as he snatched the box away from him.

"Yummy Powdered Sugar Cookie Donut O's!" Adam cheered as he walked into the room.

He snatched the box from Chase and started eating.

We all rolled our eyes at his childish behavior.

"Come on, we got school soon" I said.

Everyone nodded and we left the counter to get our bags for school.