Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Jet Wing

Luna's Pov

I was sitting on the couch with Chase and Bree

Bree sat on my right side looking at her phone while Chase sat on my left side.

He had an arm wrapped around my shoulder as I rested my head on his chest.

I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

'I missed this' I thought.

I looked over at the kitchen to see Leo and Adam hovering over dad as he tried fixing an invention of his that somewhat managed to survive from the explosion.

While trying to fix it the thing sparked, shocking dad's hand as he winced in pain.

"Great! Everything in the lab is officially useless, and I don't have enough money to repair it" Dad said in annoyance.

"I know my mom didn't marry you for your money, but I haven't been putting with your antics for nothing" Leo said as he walked away.

Dad rolled his eyes as me, Chase and Bree made our way over to them.

"Mr. Davenport, take your time with the lab. I don't mind staying up here" Bree said as she sat on a chair by the counter.

"Of course, it won't make up for living in a basement for sixteen years, but it's a start" Bree said with a smile as Adam nodded.

"Yeah, I don't mind sleeping in the same room as my sweetheart" Chase said while smirking at me, causing me to blush.

"You two better not be doing anything in there" Dad said while pointing a finger at us.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Relax dad, all we do is cuddle when sleeping. Nothing else" I reassured him and he sighed in relief.

"Not yet at least" Chase whispered in my ear.

I shivered at his voice and I heard him let out a small chuckle.

"We don't have time. Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructures" Dad explained.

"Huh?" Adam asked in confusion.

"Let me help you" Chase said as he slowly got closer to Adam.

"Capsule, good!" Chase said in a deep voice, causing Adam to nod and for him to roll his eyes while I giggled.

"But I haven't been in my capsule all week, and I feel fine" Bree said.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire" Dad said.

"Do you know when exactly? Because I have a haircut on Tuesday and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just gonna end up like that trainwreck" Adam said, gesturing to Chase.