Chapter Sixty-Three: Taken

Luna's Pov

Me, the trio and Leo were all in the lab looking at dad's new motorcycle

Soon dad walked in wearing a motorcycle outfit to go with the actual motorcycle.

"So, what do you think?" Dad asked.

"I think you're begging for a gang of bikers to do rotten things to you" Chase said and I giggled.

"Are those my pants?" Bree asked in shock.

" Not anymore" Dad grinned while Bree glared at him.

"I call her the "Daven-cycle". She's got auto-pilot, laser-guided weapon systems, and a tiny little flower vase" Dad said as he took out a flower and puts it into the flower vase that's on the motorcycle.

"To brighten your day" Dad smiled.

"That's cute" I said.

"Whoa, cool. Throw in a tiny basket for Chase to ride in and we're good to go" Adam joked.

Chase glared at him while I rolled my eyes.

Soon we heard noises from behind us and we all turned around to see what was going on.

Then my eyes widened as the big screen turned on and revealed who was talking to us.

It was Douglas.

"Hello? Anybody home?" Douglas asked while waving.

"He hacked you again? Would it kill you to spend forty bucks on some security software?" Leo asked dad.

Dad just scoffed before turning to Douglas with a glare on his face.

"Love the new lab, Donny. Ooh, tunnels!" Douglas chuckles.

"Industrial, yet classy" Douglas grinned.

"Take a hint, ex-brother" Dad said and I nodded.

"Yeah. There's a reason why none of us accepted your buddy requests" I said while crossing my arms.

"Oh, I accepted it" Adam said, earning glares from all of us.

"What? His updates are hilarious. Looking forward to a weekend of evil, winky-face" Adam said as he winked.

"Listen, I don't have a lot of time. Krane'll be back soon. He... went out to get his head waxed" Douglas said.

I scoffed as I laid my head on Chase's shoulder.

"Fascinating. You know what? It might sound like I'm hanging up" Dad said as he went to end the call but Douglas stopped him.

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait! This isn't another trick! You're in danger. Krane has completely lost it!" Douglas said.

"Oh, wow! So, the guy who keeps implanting himself with bionics is unstable? Who could have seen that coming?" Chase sarcastically said.

"I'm serious! Krane is using my technology to give himself new abilities I didn't even know were possible! He's a ticking time-bomb, and he sees you three as a threat!" Douglas explained.