Chapter Nine: Exoskeleton Vs Grandma

Luna's Pov

Luckily today was Saturday so no school

We all decided we'd stay home and just have fun together as a family.

Which was perfectly fine for me since I get to spend more time with Chase.

Tasha was on the phone with her mother and dad was testing out one of his inventions.

Adam was doing push ups with Leo sitting on him and Chase and Bree were playing ball.

'This is my weird family' I thought with a smile.

I made my way over to the couch and sat down as I took out my phone.

"Hey babe" Chase smiled.

"Hey baby" I smiled.

He leaned down and kissed me on the lips and I happily kissed back.

"Come on, stop kissing each other and let's continue playing" Bree said.

We pulled away as Chase gave her a glare while I giggled.

"Go on, we can hang later" I smiled.

He smiled and gave me one last kiss before going back to playing ball with Bree.

"But not today. Why? Because Donald's not feeling well. Look, I gotta go. He just threw up in my purse. Love you, bye" Tasha quickly said before hanging up her phone.

"You know, we're gonna have to have your mother over eventually" Dad said.

"No, we don't" Tasha said.

I got up from the couch and made my way over to them.

"I don't see the problem with your mother coming over for a visit Tasha, it could be fun" I smiled.

"Sweetheart you don't get it, my mom doesn't just visit. She has inspections. If she spots anything weird, she will use it as an excuse for her to move in" Tasha explained.

Bree superspeeded towards us and caught the ball Chase threw at her.

"Nothing weird here" Bree said before she superspeeded away from us.

"Honey, when your mother visits, I will shower her with love, I will make her feel welcome and I will do anything humanly possible to-" Dad was cut off by the doorbell, making Tasha gulp.

"It's my mother" Tasha said, making everyone stop what they're doing and turn to her.

"I'll be in the lab" Dad said in fear before running away.

"Real mature dad" I scoffed in annoyance.

The others quickly ran over to me while Tasha made her way over to Leo.

"Quick, turn invisible" Tasha said.

The trio and Leo looked at her weirdly.

"Last time I checked, I'm normal" I said.