Chapter Ten: Smart & Smarter

Luna's Pov

I walked into school with Bree and Chase

As always me and Chase were holding hands as we walked up to Adam since he wanted to show us his locker.

"Check out what I've done with my locker! Tah-dah! Here's where I keep my books. Down here I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches. And here is where I stockpile old lunches, or, as I like to call it, my tum-tum yum-yums" Adam explained.

I groaned in disgust, along with the others.

"Hey, Leo. What's that?" Bree asked, pointing to Leo's progress report.

"My progress report. I can't believe my science teacher says I'm always late to class" Leo said.

"You are always late to class" me and Adam said together, causing Leo to glare at us.

"I know that, but I don't need it publicized" Leo said in annoyance while I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Look at this! An "A-minus"! I knew my Home Ec teacher had it out for me. Always criticizing my muffins" Chase complained.

Everyone looked at him weirdly, even me.

"Chase, babe, there's nothing wrong with an A-minus" I said but he ignored me.

"Ha ha! I beat you! I got a "D-plus"! "Plus" because I'm better" Adam cheered.

'What the hell' I thought.

"Adam, the "plus" is-- You know what? It's just not even worth it anymore" Bree said and we all nodded.

"D is not a good grade, but we don't really expect you to get good grades" Chase said with a smile and I giggled.

"What about you Luna?" Bree asked.

"Well I got all A-minuses, and one B+ and that was for gym" I explained.

"It's still good so nice job" Chase said as he kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"I'm engineered to be the smartest person on the planet, and I just got an "A-minus." I've been relegated to into the huddled, unwashed masses of minuses, like you" Chase complained as he sat down on a bench and I sat next to him.

"Excuse me?" I asked as I glared at him.

"Except for you baby" Chase said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Chase, I know this must me hard for you, but, I mean, look at the bright side-- seeing you fall flat on your face is really fun for us" Bree said and Chase glared at her.

"I have got to find a way to reclaim my superiority" Chase said.

"Well, you could sign up for the Student of the Semester competition" Leo said and I nodded.