Chapter Sixty-One: Scramble The Orbs

Luna's Pov

I was in the lab with Leo because apparently he wanted to show off his new invention.

He wouldn't tell me what he made, all he said was sit back and watch.

Soon we heard footsteps and we see Adam walking into the lab.

Leo immediately smiles and gets out of his chair and walks over to him.

"Hey, Adam. Attack me" Leo said but Adam shook his head.

"Oh, no, no, no. I know how this works. First, you tell me to attack you, I say "no" and then you taunt me till I snap. It's not gonna happen" Adam said.

Then Leo picked up my water bottle and threw it at him.

"Oh, it's on, little man!" Adam yelled as he tried lunging towards him.

Then all of a sudden two floating orbs appear next to Leo and the next thing I know they shoot a laser at Adam who is falls to the ground.

"Oh, no! The Christmas ornaments are turning against us!" Adam said as he stood up from the ground.

"Nope, you just got pulse-waved by my latest invention, Attack Orbs" Leo grinned.

"Huh?" Adam asked in confusion.

"When they perceive a threat within five feet of me, they attack. They're mobile robotic bodyguards" Leo explained.

"Oooh, nice job Leo. That's impressive" I said and Adam nodded.

"Uh, impressive. But have you ever thought about just lifting weights or working out?" Adam joked.

Leo glared at him while I snorted.

"I designed them to protect you guys from Douglas and Krane" Leo said.

"Good call dooley" I nodded.

"Thanks Luna. If I'm going to be a true inventor, I have to start making things without Big D. And if I prove myself, maybe he'll eventually let me be his business partner" Leo explained.

Me and Adam nodded as Eddy appeared.

"Right, 'cause every billionaire needs an incompetent relative who brings nothing to the table" Eddy sarcastically said.

Soon he disappeared and Chase walked in.

"Speaking of..." Adam smirked.

"Hey guys" Chase said as he walked over to us.

"Chase, why are you attacking Leo?" Adam asked.

"What?" Chase asked in confusion.

Soon Adam pushed Chase in front of Leo as the orbs came back.

"Aah!" Chase yelled.

Then the orbs shoot lasers at him as he fell to the ground.

Adam and Leo laughed while I just rolled my eyes but slightly giggled.

"Awesome!" Adam grinned as he walked over to Leo and high-fived him

Then the orbs shot lasers at him, causing him to fall to the ground next to Chase.

"Idiot" I scoffed.

"Do it again!" Adam yelled.

Me and Leo laughed as he helped Adam off the ground and they both walked out of the lab.

I smiled and made my way over to Chase.

"Need some help bubba?" I asked.

"Yes please" Chase said.