Into the waves-Part 5

Welcome back to the chapter 19 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

1 week later

Naruto was leaning on his bed looking at the window of his new apartment given to him by the Hokage he took a smoke of his cigarette as he remembered the meeting with the old man.

Flashback

Naruto and the Third Hokage were at front of an apartment in the middle of the slums as they just finished applying for the academy and now just rented out an apartment.

Apparently the landlord here didn't hate Naruto and allowed him to stay here.

"Finally some people with some sense" Sarutobi looked at the boy in deep thought.

He met the boy in a park on the swings as he was told by one of his Anbu that the boy was found. So he thought that he might as well go see his successor's son himself.

The boy asked to apply for the academy by which he quickly accepted because he wanted Naruto to become a shinobi of this village and protect it like his parents did before him.

So when he asked to boy what he was doing before he met him he simply replied "Old man I was living my life"

Sarutobi sighed he cannot get anything out of the boy because first off it will cause problems like the council being involved and also the boy might disappear again this time never coming back.

"Once he becomes a Shinobi of Konoha maybe he can open up then"

"Naruto everything you need is within your apartment. Good luck on your first day and make some friends okay."

Naruto nodded as he was about to go in but the old man stopped him grabbing hold of his shoulder.

Naruto looked at him as the old man looked serious "Naruto if you need anything just ask okay I'm always here for you"

Naruto nodded as he then went inside leaving the old man to his thought.

"Now that he is found I'll make sure he won't disappear again Minato, Kushina"

End of flashback

Taking a smoke again Naruto saw his shady looking landlord who was a suited brown haired man with sunglasses in the front pocket of his gold suit.

The man adjusted his orange tie as he looked up and saw Naruto.

He nodded at him smiling

Naruto nodded back as the man he then took his leave.

Naruto smirked it was time to leave his old life and begin anew.

"Begin anew yeah right" A picture stand on he is right glowed due to the sun making him look at it.

Naruto looked at the picture stand on the side of his bed and then took it.

It was a picture of Shinn and Idate drunk for the first time smiling.

"Bastard drank Everclear and was out for days" chuckled Naruto at the scene of a proper knocked out Idate who lied in the gutter.

Those were the good times.

"Hey Shinn lets strike it rich"

Naruto looked sad as his eyes had a longing look to them. He gritted his teeth "I'm sorry Idate your loss was my gain"