Rookie Training

Welcome back to chapter 109 of "Selfless".

Finally, I'm back to writing after a whole year. For those who don't know, read the chapter named "In Loving Memory" and you'll understand it. 

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Inuzuka compound

"Hurry up Kiba!" Tsume screamed as she watched her son spar with his sister and was losing badly.

"You don't want to go back to the academy don't you!" Tsume yelled at her son who was huffing.

"Damn it! I know mum" Kiba gritted his teeth while Akamaru was with his mother watching sympathetically.

Hana looked stoic as she stood victorious "is that all you got Kiba" Kiba growled and got right back up "hell no!"

Hana smirked as Kiba charged.

0°0°0°0°0°0

Training ground 11

Gai watched his team fight as he mostly watched his female student. Because of his team, Tenten was the one who had the most weaknesses. However, she was also the one who could greatly improve.

Tenten managed to surround Neji with battalions of Kunai and shurikens. The Hyuuga prodigy responded with a Kaiten and easily made her more open for attacks. This opening Lee took it with gratitude as he gave her a spinning wheel kick i.e. the leaf tornado. Tenten tried to block but the force was too much and then she fell to the floor unable to get up.

Lee and Neji now turned towards each and were ready to fight however Gai stopped them.

"That's enough for now team" Neji and Lee nodded and stopped while Tenten huffed in exhaustion.

Lee came up towards her and gave her a hand.

"Thanks, Lee" Lee smiled and helped Tenten up.

The team now surrounded their teacher who spoke "you all are doing great however Tenten you rely on your weapons too much which leaves you too open" Tenten nodded sadly but felt Gai touch her shoulder making her look at him.

"Don't worry I know someone who can teach you Ninjutsu" Tenten brightened up a bit and nodded. Gai now turned towards his team.

"Alright everyone hones your skills because 1 week before Tsunade's exam I will personally do a simulation test and see for myself if you can pass"

The Genins nodded as they were grateful that their teacher was concerned about their development.

"Okay. Now everyone go home and rest. It has been a tough morning" the Genins nodded and were about to leave when Gai asked Tenten to stay.

Lee and Neji left and Tenten remained.

"Tenten this month I will get you a tutor who will help you develop your Ninjutsu" Gai spoke looking serious.

"Alright Gai-Sensei but I thought you will teach me" Gai smiled and shook his head "although I know Ninjutus I excel in Taijutsu. However, this person excels in Ninjutsu" Gai nodded but the person he knew excelled in everything.

Tenten nodded "but why this week I..." Tenten was about to ask when Gai interrupted by putting his hands on her shoulder.

"Tenten to be blunt you are strong but not strong enough. Remember what happened in the exams" Tenten's eyes went wide as she remembered what happened and what Temari did to her.

"That is why I need you to be stronger. Without your weapons... you are weak" Tenten looked down sadly when Gai grabbed her chin and made her slowly look at him.

"That's why once you train with your tutor you will be stronger" Gai smiled brightly making Tenten nod.

Gai nodded back at her "Alright meet me in 3 hours and I will introduce you to him" Tenten nodded when Gai Shunhsined.

The weapon specialist sighed and then walked off thinking about who will be her teacher.

Hyuuga compound

Kurenai sighed as she left alone once again. She wondered what Hinata's problem was. This month her team was training hard. Both Shino and Kiba went to train with their clan and she suspected Hinata to do the same.

She already visited Kiba and Shino but once again she wasn't allowed to see Hinata.

Kurenai looked up at Hinata's room and then sighed "I'll try again tomorrow" she then reluctantly left.

Once Kurenai walked off Hinata can be seen watching her leave from her window. The Hyuuga heiress frowned and her eyes narrowed.