Matches

Welcome back to the chapter 45 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

All the teams made it as the Genins lined up with the Hokage at the front accompanied with Anko and Ibiki along with the Jounin-senseis whose teams that made it.

"So all of our students made it I see" Asuma was proud of his team.

"Where is Naruto" Kakashi enquired getting Kurenai and Anko's attention.

Anko looked worried as she told the Hokage about Orochimaru but relented to tell that Naruto was involved because she thought she was imagining things.

Now her thoughts were proven wrong.

Kurenai was worried for Naruto as she thought he didn't make it.

Suddenly a loud bang echoed as the door was slam shut.

The Sandaime and everyone looked at who it was to see Naruto scratching the back of his head "sorry I'm late" he then squeezed into the line and joined besides Sakura who sweat dropped.

Everyone sweat dropped while Kurenai sighed in relief which Anko noticed.

"I'm glad you're here Naruto-Kun" Both Temari and Hinata thought as they smiled

Sarutobi looked at the candidates and was impressed of his ninjas, he coughed and then spoke "Well done everyone for passing this portion of the exams" Anko smiled and nodded.

"I will explain to you why you are here and what you shall be doing but before I explain the third and final test for the day. Do you know the reason why the Chunin exams are held?

The Genins looked confused as they listened anyway. Gaara just watched emotionlessly and Naruto raised his eyebrow.

"The Chunin exams are not here for a Shinobi to go up just in rank. The truth is it's a replacement for war among allied countries"

The Genins were surprised and confused even more now as Sarutobi spoke before they did.

"A village's strength is determined by the strength of its shinobi. Holding the Chunin Exams and show the feudal lords what we can do and stand out from the rest is key. In other words your strength that you will be displaying in the exams attracts more clients and is noticed by other villages"

Sarutobi sighed as he looked at Gaara, Neji, Sasuke and finally Naruto who looked back at him.

His eyes glowed feverishly shocking the old man for a second.

He was about to commence the third exam when Hayate interrupted as he coughed "Hokage-sama may I" Sarutobi nodded "you may...after all you are in charge of the third test"

He coughed for a while getting the Genins attention as they thought he was sick or something.

"My name is Gekkō Hayate and I'm the proctor of the third exams" he coughed again and spoke "the third test is to cut down the number of candidates as they are a lot of people who passed. So we are going to do preliminary matches" this shocked everyone as they thought it was unfair

"The feudal lords will be attending the final exams and we need the strongest ninjas available when they arrive. So this test will bring forth those who are the strongest between you all" Hayate answered their questions before they had to ask