Rookies

Welcome back to the chapter 38 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Sakura was annoyed both Naruto and her sensei were late again. She decided that she really should get used to this. She glanced over at Sasuke to see him leaning against the rail his swag on full blast.

"This is a chance Sasuke-kun is right in front of me and I he didn't even look at me" she had tried everything she could ever think of to get the raven haired boys attention but nothing seemed to work. She remembered the confrontation she had with him which ended her in tears and the attention revolving around Naruto ever since wave which annoyed the Uchiha.

"Sasuke-Kun is the rookie of the year and Naruto is the dead last" she always muttered that but every time she said that she was finding it hard to believe.

And when she thought about the apparent dobe she felt conflicted as she in time kept seeing him in new lights.

But now ever since yesterday that crimson haired woman was all she could think about. "From what the kids said she and Naruto are an item" she quickly brushed it off believing that they were just kids.

However Naruto blushed which made her sad "I'm not surprised she is beautiful after all. She even made Sasuke-Kun blush"

She then looked at Sasuke who was in deep thought making her sigh.

Over to Sasuke his mind was reeling to a number of things.

"How is strong is that dobe" Sasuke clenched his hands as he couldn't even sense him.

He then thought of that woman who came and was talking to the dobe.

Sasuke for one didn't care about the opposite sex as he wanted to become strong. But he got to admit she was beautiful but again he thought how the 7 hells did that dobe know her. In fact he didn't nothing about Naruto only that he was a delinquent "I'm going to find more about Naruto....you can count on it"

Both teammates' thoughts were interrupted when the topic in question came in.

"Morning you two"

Sakura turned her attention to the other end of the bridge as her blond teammate finally arrived. "Why are you always late?" Sakura was irritated.

Naruto sheepishly scratched the back of his head "sorry was busy" this made Sakura fume even more

Sakura was about to yell at him when Kakashi poofed in existenceas he waved at his team.

"Yo!"

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura shouted as she pointed at the scarecrow looking Jounin.

"Sorry, I had to get my new orange book from the store before it was sold out" Sakura sighed as she Kakashi's orange book was more important than any lives on the planet.

Yondaime's student then held out three papers in front of his team "these are for you three."

Naruto took one of the papers and raised an eyebrow "So we are really going to do this?"

Kakashi nodded "That's right as you may have noticed the foreign ninjas in the village" team 7 nodded remembering Gaara's team.

"Aright those of you who wish to take it should sign those papers and turn them in at room 101 at the academy tomorrow by 4:00 pm." Kakashi straightaway disappeared in a puff of smoke as he wanted to read his new Icha-Icha as soon as possible.