News !

Welcome back to the chapter 103 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Konoha Hospital – 2 months later

Yuhi Kurenai sat next to Naruto's bed while he slept peacefully. The red eyed Jounin watched him sleep with a deep expression. However her eyes soon turned longing with a hint of sorrow.

The rain hit the window as today rain poured in Konoha.

"Kurenai...I have news" Yugao frowned sadly looking at both Anko and Kurenai who were confused

"What is it? Did something happen" Kurenai asked making her purple haired friend look even more downcast.

"Yugao" Anko spoke softly making the Anbu commander nod "I bring news about the meeting Hokage-Sama had with Koyuki-Sama" both Jounins nodded

"And..." Yugao looked Kurenai and bit her lips something that didn't go unnoticed to the Yuhi who pondered

"And..." Anko wanted Yugao to carry on who in the end did.

"And it was about a wedding arrangement" both Anko and Kurenai looked confused "so the princess is marrying. Cant say that I didn't see that coming. She has guys lining up and kill for just her hand" Kurenai nodded agreeing with Anko

"That's the problem she's not just marrying someone but someone we know" Yugao looked sad

Anko raised her eyebrow "is it Kakashi I always wondered why he was with you" Yugao shook her head "no its not Kakashi its...Naruto" the moment Yugao said that she looked at Kurenai for a response.

She got a response alright from Anko who dropped her dango "wha...what!"

Kurenai however became silent as she processed everything and suddenly her eyes went wide and she started to shake.

Naruto was getting married.

Kurenai bit her lips she couldn't believe that Naruto was getting in arranged marriage. Her hands clenched and she closed her eyes in frustration.

"I'm going to become strong"

Kurenai's eyes suddenly opened in shock as she gasped quietly. She remembered the promise she and Naruto made. Bringing forth her right hand which was the same hand that shook Naruto's and then looked at it in deep thought.

"There is nothing in the world that can stop somebody if they set their minds to it"

She remembered everything Naruto went through to get here today. His long struggle in the academy, how hard it was for him to be Chunin and finally the final hurdle and on how an S ranked missing ninja tried to kill him in his Jounin examination. Everything he went through wasn't normal, people tried their very best to stop him even resorting to kill him.

Kurenai clenched her hand she remembered how helpless she was against Itachi.

"There is nothing in the world that can stop somebody if they set their minds to it"

Suddenly Kurenai smiled there is only one man in the world that can say that and truly mean it. That person was Naruto as his entire life was designed to hinder him from being great. But time and time again he overcame. He now was an A rank and a Jounin.