Ascension

Welcome back to the chapter 86 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Ichiraku ramen

Ichiraku ramen was packed today as people were there like they were waiting for someone.

Ayame looked to get out from the back as she ran somewhere. A figure noticed in the crowd and followed her.

The ramen waitress ran to a small grass field near the training ground and ran towards a tree.

Naruto sat next to the tree as Ayame came in front of him. "Here it is Naruto-kun" Naruto looked up at her and smiled.

"Thank you Ayame-chan" the woman smiled and then saw Naruto's sad expression and frowned.

"What's wrong" she asked now sitting next to him. The two sat on the field enjoying the view and the wind.

Naruto looked on expressionless "nothing" Ayame sighed "why" Naruto looked sad but looked at her shaking form now.

"Why what" Ayame looked down almost ready to cry "why don't you talk to me anymore" the Uzumaki blinked he didn't understand. He talked lots of times with her. The last time he spoke to her was before he left.

"I don't understand Ayame we talk all the time" the waitress looked afraid to speak as she had her head down.

"I saw you in that movie" Naruto sighed, he found out from her as apparently he is the talk of the town. It made him sick that peoples attitude change so easily.

"I was scared for your safety" Ayame muttered making Naruto surprised at her "Ayame"

The woman budged a little as Naruto smiled softly "thank you Ayame"

"Naruto am I your friend" Ayame bit her lips making Naruto's eyes go wide because he was surprised.

"Of course you are Ayame. You know that" Naruto said looking worried.

"Then why you don't talk to me! I always tell you everything about me. Why don't you talk to me Naruto-kun" Ayame looked at Naruto almost in tears.

Naruto looked solemn now "Ayame what is going on"

"Naruto... you're my best friend." Naruto smiled "you are mine as well" Ayame now gripped her apron "then...then how come you never told me you had a brother"

Naruto's eyes went wide in shock. He then became morose.

Ayame looked at him expecting an answer but seeing his downcast expression made her relent "I'm sorry Naruto-kun. You don't have to answer" she bit her lips and looked down.

"I did have a brother Ayame" Naruto spoke softly looking down while Ayame's head shot right up and looked at him in shock.

"I...I thought you were an orphan" Naruto didn't answer making Ayame touch his hand soothingly.

Naruto looked down refusing to look at her "I am an orphan Ayame...he's dead" Ayame gasped "Na...Naruto I'm sorry" Naruto just smiled warily at her "its okay, I'm sorry for not telling you" Ayame shook her head "no... it's my fault, I'm sorry" Naruto smiled as he got up with her following afterwards.

"It's okay Ayame...its just...it was personal alright" Ayame nodded knowing that he doesn't want anyone to know.

The two walked in the grass as Ayame held up the ramen "you want some ramen" Naruto smiled at the girls attempt on cheering him up.