This boy's going to be great

Welcome back to the chapter 80 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

It was now night time as Naruto was on his way to his apartment and stopped as he saw the first person who started teaching him standing at the complex entrance. She had her back turned from him.

"Kurenai-Sensei" hearing Naruto call her name made her turn around.

"Naruto" Kurenai smiled softly as she didn't speak with him for a while now.

Naruto walked up to her as he smiled "how you been Sensei" Kurenai nodded "I have been well Naruto" Kurenai's eyes looked the other way a bit in which Naruto noticed.

Naruto being a boy who raised himself didn't know the meaning of comfort space. So he just walked closer to her and with both hands took hold of her shoulders surprising her.

"Na...Naruto" Kurenai was stunned to see Naruto this close to her.

"Kurenai-Sensei...what's wrong" Naruto spoke seriously making Kurenai move her head at the side "I...just need some time to think" Kurenai bit her lips at that stupid excuse.

Naruto slowly looked at her which to Kurenai she felt time turn still.

"Alright Sensei" Naruto nodded as he let her go making the Yuhi sigh in relief.

She didn't notice Naruto looking a bit apologetic "I know why you're here Kurenai" Kurenai's eyes went wide now. Did he know why she was here? How can she know when she didn't even know why she was here?

"I'm sorry" Naruto apologised as he looked down a bit. This surely surprised Kurenai "wha...what"

Naruto carried on speaking as he didn't notice Kurenai's surprised face.

"I'm sorry for not seeing you. I can't make up an excuse saying, I was busy or I had problems with my team, because just recently I met Gai-Sensei and trained with him. I didn't see you because I forgot. So I'm sorry" Naruto apologised once again.

Kurenai was shocked. This was the first time she truly became surprised. Naruto was genuinely apologising to her in something that was not his fault. He thought she was here because of that.

She looked at Naruto who had soft genuine expression. She wondered to herself there and then. Was she slowly seeing Naruto's true façade? Something he truly showed to nobody only but himself. Was the name people called him false or was the rumours false as well? She remembered what happened at the hospital when he was about to shed in tears and how it hurt her immensely.

She suddenly felt happy now, happy that she had the privilege to see him like this.

Suddenly as if there was no sense of comfort space between them, Kurenai now was the one who grabbed him by the shoulders getting his attention.

She smiled now as she was close to his face "Naruto don't apologise, because you have nothing to apologise for" Naruto looked to disagree "but..." suddenly Kurenai hushed him by putting her index finger on his lips which surprised the blonde once again.

"Shhhh...please Naruto just listen okay" Kurenai smiled softly making Naruto nod.

"I was also busy as well alright" Naruto nodded again.

Kurenai now let go of him as she walked to the nearby bench and sat down. This indicated Naruto to do the same who did as well.

She looked at Naruto closely especially seeing his Chunin vest "congratulation on becoming a Chunin by the way Naruto" Kurenai smiled making the Uzumaki smile back "thank Sensei"