Tsunade!

Welcome back to the chapter 67 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

In the middle of town Naruto sat on a bench waiting for Jiraiya. The man soon came holding a Popsicle and sat down next to him.

Jiraiya halved it and then gave him one "here" Naruto looked at it and then looked forward "I'm not hungry" Jiraiya sighed.

Silence came again when Naruto spoke first "never do that again" the Uzumaki spoke dangerously making Jiraiya's eyes narrow "you could have been killed" Naruto now looked at him almost getting angry "I'll do what I want cause this is my life" Jiraiya's eyes went wide "what" Naruto growled "I know what's best for me if you don't like it then leave me alone and do this mission yourself."

Jiraiya was shocked is this how Naruto truly was? So alone, dejected with life thinking that strength is all that mattered. Was the Naruto he met a mask he wore in public.

"Naruto" Jiraiya looked sadly "that's not how it should be Naruto"

"That's your opinion I have mine" there he goes again Jiraiya thought he always said that.

The Sannin responded "Naruto I met a person who thought like you and you know what happened to him" Naruto didn't respond which urged Jiraiya to carry on "he became a missing ninja and wanted to destroy us" Jiraiya turned to look at Naruto now with a sad smile "don't disregard your life like that" the Sanin's voice was soft now.

Thinking he had an effect on Naruto the boy suddenly chuckled "I'm not disregarding my life"

"If that is not the case then what were you doing Naruto" the Uzumaki now looked at Jiraiya with determination and fire in his eyes "I'm protecting it" Jiraiya's eyes went wide now.

"That's why when I say I know what I'm doing then I am" Jiraiya shook his head "you're stubborn"

"Call me whatever you wish in the end its down to me" Jiraiya sighed at the stubborn boy "you are smart, very smart Naruto. You'll get far but as long as you think like this. This great weakness than you will fall" Naruto shook his head disagreeing "I know what I'm doing" Jiraiya sighed and got up. "Let's go we are wasting time as it is" Naruto looked at Jiraiya who walked.

"Wait" stopping on his track the Sannin asked what.

"That person who was it" Jiraiya looked sad while he had his back turned "he was my teammate Orochimaru" Naruto was a bit surprised but then spoke.

What he said next Jiraiya shocked the Sannin to the core.

"Oh. I thought you meant the Yondaime but he wasn't a missing ninja" Jiraiya's eyes went considerably wide but Naruto carried on "you talk about me being a fool because I don't care about my life even though I think I'm protecting it. Didn't the Yondaime kill himself and end the life of another. So isn't he a fool as well Jiraiya."

Jiraiya's hair covered his face "he...that was different" Naruto raised his eyebrow "is it but you just told me. So how is that different?"

A small tear fell off Jiraiya who had his back turned to Naruto "enough Naruto. We have a mission to do"

He then walked off leaving Naruto who sighed.

0°0°0°0°0°0

With another long journey the two stood of Tanzaku town. Before they got here Jiraiya asked the boy if he developed his Teikoku further in which Naruto replied that he is in the process of doing it making Jiraiya nod. The Sannin gave him some ideas as he showed him his rasengan saying that chakra manipulation was harder to master and learn. Naruto looked awed and nodded thanking him.