Getting Close

Welcome back to the chapter 96 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Konoha shopping district

3 weeks left until the New Year and the Jounin exams. Naruto came inside Ichiraku hearing both Ayame and Teuchi greet him.

"Hey Naruto we missed you" Ayame smiled

"Sorry Ayame-chan was training" Naruto apologised

"You want the usual" Ayame smiled

"Yes please" Naruto smiled he looked at Teuchi who smiled and nodded.

While Naruto waited for his ramen Team 8 entered "Hey Naruto" Kiba smiled as he came with Shino and Hinata.

Hinata looked at Naruto and from what he could deduce Hinata was different.

"Hey Ayame-chan can I have pork ramen" Kiba ordered. Both Shino and Hinata ordered theirs as well.

Once everyone had finished their meals they decided to catch up.

"Hey Naruto I'm surprised that you were nominated for the Jounin exams" Kiba smirked.

Naruto was surprised they knew but shrugged it off thinking their Sensei told them.

"Yeah I'm preparing for it" Shino nodded "indeed its best to prepare it is a difficult examination"

Naruto nodded "I know I had help"

"From Sensei and Anko-san" Hinata without stuttering, both Kiba and Shino noticed as they knew what happened before.

Naruto smiled and nodded "yeah I'm grateful they did because it would have taken me a lot of time to be informed properly. Time I could not waste" Team 8 nodded.

Naruto looked at the time and it was 10.50pm. His eyes went wide he was going to be late if he didn't leave now.

"Shit" the Uzumaki got up getting everyone's attention.

"Whats wrong Naruto-kun" Ayame asked the shocked blond "sorry Ayame I got to go. It's late"

Kiba raised his eyebrow comically "it's almost eleven man. Don't tell me you have curfew"

"Actually I do Tsunade-sama wants me back home before eleven. She won't like it if I'm late"

Everyone looked confused they thought Naruto lived on his own.

"See you later guys" Naruto smiled and then quickly left.

Team 8 and the Ichiraku family were still confused.

"I thought Naruto lived on his own" Kiba asked Shino who nodded "Indeed. It sounded like he was living with Tsunade-sama"

Hinata looked deep in thought then her eyes went wide.

"Maybe he is living with Hokage-sama" Ayame sighed this made everyone look at her.

"WHAT!" Kiba yelled.

0°0°0°0°0°0

Naruto got to the mansion on time and the moment he came inside he saw Tsunade there waiting for him.

"Good you're on time" the Godaime Hokage nodded

Naruto smiled and nodded back.

"Come let's have dinner" Tsunade then went to the living room as Naruto followed her.