Brothers Are Hassle

Welcome back to the chapter 54 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Once the crowd quieted down Naruto spoke as he looked down at his opponent who looked back "Selflessness...."he muttered which everyone heard "I may never saw myself as a curse like you. I just fought to whoever came against me" Naruto closed his eyes and then opened them "but I know what you felt that day."

"Wh...what" Neji gasped "your father may wanted to protect his older brother...didn't you ever think of that" Neji's eyes went wide as Hiashi did the same.

"Little brothers are a real hassle. That's why it's the older brother's job to protect them." Naruto chuckled dryly his voice carrying sad tone in them "I may not like Hiashi but maybe you should consider his feelings" Naruto said with conviction as he looked at Neji with cold eyes shocking him.

"I....I" Neji contemplated as he didn't know what to think right now.

"You're all he has left of his little brother. Do remember that" Naruto's voice became soft now as he then turned around and walked way getting out of the arena.

0°0°0°0°0°0

"I didn't know Uzumaki had a little brother" the Kazekage spoke as the Hokage next to him was quiet.

Sarutobi Hiruzen was silent but Naruto's word rang in his head "brother...so you had a little brother. Naruto"

"What did he mean by that? I didn't know Naruto had a sibling" Ino pointed out.

"Yeah...I thought he is an orphan" Sakura spoke saying her thoughts out loud

"Now that you think about it, nobody ever knows him other than being a delinquent" Tenten added as Neji's loss was fresh in her mind.

"The way he talked to Neji. There was sadness in his voice I never seen Naruto show that kind of emotion before" Asuma spoke watching Naruto's back going inside the stadium.

"Yugao..." said woman looked at Kurenai who looked on "you said you were tasked to look for Naruto once"

The Anbu commander nodded "yes I was just an officer back then as me and Kakashi looked for him but couldn't find him" Kurenai nodded "so he avoided you"

"That's most likely the case" Yugao responded in a serious voice.

"Naruto-Kun" Hinata sadly muttered for her friend and crush.

"There is nothing we can do Kurenai, Yugao its personal to him so just leave it be" Anko spoke looking at her friend who nodded.

"I don't think they are going to listen" Anko sighed

"The battle was amazing and to beat the rookie of the year" Hayate commended Yugao who got out of her stupor and nodded.

Both Yugao and Kurenai were in space to what Naruto said.

"Naruto-Kun" Ayame was sad as she didn't know had something like this hidden away from her and they tell everything to each other.

"Ayame" Teuchi put his hand on her shoulder reassuringly "it was something he had to keep to himself"

"But" Teuchi interjected his daughter "he will tell you at the right time" Ayame just nodded sadly.

0°0°0°0°0°0