It's Rude to Point

Welcome back to the chapter 28 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Hokage Tower - council room

The council were now gathered as they heard the news of Naruto's arrest.

The civilians were all screaming for Naruto to be sent to Ibiki for interrogation while the clan heads looked serious at their leader.

"Enough! Our hokage will speak now!" Koharu silenced the roaring civilians who quieted down.

Sarutobi had a serious expression as then silence was amidst.

"Hokage-Sama..." Inochi looked concerned.

Sarutobi's hokage hat covered his face making the room even more tense.

"Everyone...." All the council members looked on with concentration.

"Konoha is now in a....financial decline" As soon Sarutobi said that the room exploded.

"What! That can be" Hiashi's eyes went wide while Tsume looked shaken.

The civilian council were hit the most.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN" Haruno Sakuya's screeching voice shook the room.

Danzo gripped his cane tightly while his eye narrowed.

"Gato is dead" Homura's answer silenced the room this made Danzo's eyes go wide.

"Explain...." Danzo's stern voice made everyone look at him.

Koharu sighed "Gato our major asset the man responsible for Konoha's boom in its economy is dead"

Tsume exploded as she got up "I told you we should have not relied on that man. Now look where it got us!"

Shikaku shook his head "Tsume...we had no choice he was our only help" Inochi nodded with Chouza.

"The moment Hatake Kakashi's team were involved things gone downhill" Said Koharu while Sarutobi was still silent.

Haruno Sakuya roared "ITS ALL THAT BRATS FAULT" the civilians nodded in agreement.

Namatane Hiko owner of countless chains of stores in Konoha stood up in anger "WE SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE THAT BRAT A NINJA"

"So Naruto is arrested for insubordination what does he have to do for Gato's fall" it was now Sarutobi's Hiruzen's turn to speak when he looked at Hiashi.

"Yes Uzumaki Naruto is not in for insubordination but I believe that he was involved in Gato's death" Koharu nodded as she pulled out a report.

"Sources say that the bridge is named after him" Homura interjected "and from Kakashi's report the timing of Naruto's appearance and Gato's death matches"

The civilians looked gleeful but Tsume stood up for her friend's son "It's correct that Naruto is arrested for insubordination but everything else is just guesswork"

Shikaku nodded "Even if it's true how is Naruto responsible, Gato is simply too big for him" Inochi nodded "Yes he's just a Genin he will need at least an army to even match Gato"

Sarutobi sighed "Even so I already got Ibiki to get information out of Naruto" The civilian council roared in agreement.

Tsume huffed as she fell back to her seat dejectedly while the Shikaku, Inochi and Chouza looked shocked.