Retake

Welcome back to the chapter 106 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Hokage's office

The Genins with Shikamaru stood in the office with their teachers. As team 8 waited for their teacher to arrive.

The Jounins were waiting as they remembered what happened 2 months ago. Naruto was an A rank.

Gai really was surprised Naruto beat an S rank, Asuma felt the same way and knew Naruto was on his way of becoming something big.

Kakashi however seeing Naruto defeat an Iwa ninja who was stronger than him be beaten by his student once again made him feel worthless.

His jounin colleagues basically told him straight that Naruto was a prodigy and yet he didn't believe them. He truly believed Sasuke was the prodigy in the group. However ever since Sasuke left he was shown the truth.

Hatake Sakumo's son sighed. When it came to Naruto he always wallowed in self-pity.

Next to Kakashi Haruno Sakura had a dilemma as throughout the 2 months she worked hard with Shizune and wanted to see Naruto but couldn't.

She really wanted to get stronger. Only 2 years left until Orochimaru takes Sasuke body and she couldn't allow it to happen.

She needed to get stronger and catch up to both Naruto and Sasuke.

Neji looked at Hinata and frowned what happened at the hospital rang in his mind.

Hinata looked stoic. She remembered what happened how Naruto looked so in pain and broken. She could not believe she was lied to.

Everyone was waiting when Kurenai and Anko came. Everyone saw Kurenai come wearing her Jounin attire and if Kiba never saw Kurenai as his Sensei and friend he would have whistled. Nobody could blame him she looked hot!

Asuma appreciated her attire while Kakashi looked at her a bit and blushed unknowingly to everyone.

Kurenai stood next to Hinata who frowned and desperately tried not to scowl and Anko stood with Kiba and Shino.

Suddenly Tsunade came in looking serious and everyone lined up. They were each with their respective teams.

Tsunade looked at them all and nodded "alright I will now get this underway." Everyone listened quietly on what their Hokage had to say.

"You all know what happened in the past few months" they all nodded as Tsunade carried on "apart from the Jounins you should all take note and use this as a great example. Anybody can enter this village so you must remain vigilant at all times. All though we are in a time of peace there isn't anything fun in being a Shinobi. There are people out there who are monstrous and could kill you and your families at any time without hesitation." Neji, Kiba and Shikamaru nodded while the rest looked shocked.

"We are in a world of information and power. There isn't such a thing as good and evil or the cutest boy or girl will always win." Tsunade's eyes narrowed especially at Ino and Sakura "every day a silent war is brewing between us and the other main villages to be on top. Uzumaki Naruto's recent development shows them that Konoha is also a serious contender. As every village now has their eyes set on us"

Sakura's eyes went wide "why is that Tsunade-sama. Was it because of Naruto" Tsunade's eyes narrowed making Sakura feel a bit scared.

"No because of people like you all who underestimated Naruto never believing his true strength. The other villages also thought we were the weakest"