Jonathan Drouin

Getting into the Christmas mood is hard when it's like 40 degrees out.. Is this what it's like for southerners? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was your first Christmas away from home. You would be spending almost all of your winter break down with your boyfriend in Florida. He would be gone for some of the days, on road trips, but you didn't mind exploring Tampa on your own.

"Let's make cookies!" You jumped on the bed, waking Jonathan from his nap. "We have to make Christmas cookies. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve."

"Fine. Just let me lay here for like five more minutes."

"Jonny." You whined, successfully guilting him into getting up and making cookies with you.

When the cookies were done and you were frosting them, you felt something cold on your cheeks. Jonathan was next to you, trying not to laugh. You had bright green frosting smeared on both sides of your face.

"You are an ass." You took a spoonful of the red, flinging it towards him. It landed in his hair.

"It's on." He scooped the rest of the white frosting up in his hand, rubbing it on your head.

When the two of you ran out of frosting, you went to the flour and he grabbed a couple eggs. It was an all on war. The kitchen was a disaster, but the two of you were having fun. 

After twenty minutes of flinging cookie ingredients at each other, you were sitting next to each other on the floor. His arm was wrapped around your waist and your head was rested on his shoulder.

"I don't want to clean this up." He looked around, seeing his usually spotless kitchen covered in different colors.

"You started it. You get to clean it up."

"Yeah, how about we shower first?"

The two of you were walking to his room in towels when his roommate came back.

"Dude, what the fuck happened to our kitchen?" He yelled, seeing the mess for the first time. You started laughing.

"She wanted to make cookies," Jon shrugged, not wanting to make a big deal about the dirty kitchen.

"There's green frosting on our ceiling! How does that happen when you're making cookies?"

You gave your best puppy dog eyes and looked at the other Lightning player in the room, "Sorry, your roommate can be an asshole sometimes."

"I'm not cleaning it up."

"Didn't ask you to." You turned to go to your boyfriend's room and change before going to clean the kitchen.

"It was so worth it." The two of you laughed, laying on his bed for a while. "But I think we should probably get to cleaning the kitchen.

"Yeah we could," You rolled on top of him, gently brushing your lips against his, "Or we could stay in here a little longer and see if he'll start to clean it."

"I like that idea a lot better."