Joel Edmundson

For MaileeDelaney

-----------------------------------------------

The Bruins scored the fifth goal and you knew it was going to be a rough night with your boyfriend.  If he came home.

You didn't mind if he went out drinking after a loss, you were always invited, but sometimes you wanted to just cuddle it out. Make sure he knew you loved him no matter what.

As soon as he got to the locker room, he shot you a text.

Go get a bottle of expensive champagne and meet me at home.

You did what he said, wondering why he wanted it if they didn't win. But you also picked up a bottle of whiskey. Just in case he wanted something a little harder.

When you got home, the entire house was lit up with twinkly lights, leading you to the backyard.

"Joel, what is this?"

"I'm really bad at planning, I know. But I thought we were going to win tonight. So much for me trying to be romantic."

"What are you talking about Joel?"

He got down on one knee and took out a box. "I love you, now and for always. Will you marry me?" You gently set the bottles down on the grass and started crying.

"Yes. I will be your wife."

"I'm sorry it couldn't have been after a cup win."

"Cup or no cup. I'm always going to be here for you."