Cam Fowler

OMG Look at Kali. She's prettier than most people I know ahahaha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were home for a few weeks in the summer. It was hot and all you wanted to do was get out on the lake. Your high school crowd was all back and hitting up the liquor store before going to the cabin. You started loading everything in the back of the truck when you saw a familiar pair of blue eyes.

"Cam."

The word barely left your mouth before your mind brought you back to the night he left.

It was the summer before college, he was about to get drafted and you didn't know it yet, but he was going to leave and not come back. Or he just wouldn't have time for you.

"I don't want you to leave." You straddled him in the back of his truck, "You can't leave."

"I'll be back, I promise. And I'll try to get you to one of my games."

It had been a summer of drunk sunsets watched in fields. Your parents didn't know where you were, but they always knew what happened when you would walk in the morning - or afternoon - after.

"I love you."

"I know you do."

When he didn't come back that summer, you spent days in bed crying. Whenever he was in town, you avoided him. He broke your heart and you didn't want to re-open wounds that had finally closed.

"Cam, I'm serious."

"I love you more than you'll understand."

You tried to act like you didn't see him, but your friends all nudged you as he walked closer. It had been 6 years and you could still feel the pain in your chest. You took a deep breath and turned to him.

"I have never stopped loving you." That was all he told you, before pulling you in for a kiss. Tears started falling from the corners of your eyes, but you couldn't let go of him.

"That hockey career better be worth breaking my heart, kid." You playfully hit his shoulder as he wiped away your tears.