Jonathan Toews

This is what happens when I'm in a bad mood. 

I was listening to Nothing by The Script.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sat at Jon's apartment, waiting. It seemed like that's all you ever did lately. Wait for Jon to get home. Wait for Jon to call you back. Wait to cook dinner for Jon.

You were done waiting.

He said he would be home right after the game. You had to work, or else you would have been there watching him. The clock said it was half past eleven. The game was over by 9, it shouldn't have taken him this long to get here so the two of you could go out.

It was midnight and he still wasn't back. You finally had enough and went to the bedroom. You grabbed a duffel bag and stuffed all your clothes and whatever you had left here over the months. You were just walking out of the bathroom when Jon's voice echoed through the apartment.

"Hey babe, I'm hooome." He started laughing as he stumbled in his front door.

You took a deep breath and reminded yourself, this is what you wanted. You deserved so much better than Jon. Even if he was the captain of a professional hockey team. Money wasn't everything.

"Babe, where are you going?" He slurred. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. You wished that he was too drunk to care that you were leaving.

"Home."

"This is your home." He stepped closer to you, reaching for your hand.

"Home is a place where people are excited to see me. Home is a place that I might enjoy being alone. Home is not here, Jon." You said quietly, as you stepped towards the door.

"Why?" You sighed, turning back to face him. You didn't look him in the eye. How could you? 

"I'm tired of waiting. That's all I ever do lately. Wait for you."

"But I love you."

"I deserve someone who proves they love me everyday. Getting drunk when we had plans isn't proving anything. Goodbye Jonathan."

You shut the door and walked to the elevator. All the way back to your apartment, you thought of the great times you had with him.

You were reading a magazine when Jonathan appeared in front of you and before you knew it, he was running to the lake with you over his shoulder.

"Jonathan put me down!" You hit his back, hoping he would set you down nicely.

"Okay!" He threw you into the water and laughed. He thought he was funny. You wiped the water from your eyes and pulled your hair into a pony tail.

"You are such a brat." You jumped on his back, attempting to bring him down. When he wouldn't move, you jumped down. He pulled you towards him, pressing his forehead to yours.

"I love you." 

You got to your apartment and your roommates were all sharing a bottle of rum.

"Hey!" They all cheered when you walked in.

"Give me that." You took the bottle and drank until it burned. "Me and Jon are over. I'm going to bed."

The next morning, you were up early to make yourself breakfast. You had just sat down to eat when someone knocked at the door.

"Please, tell me what I can do to make everything better. I want you more than anything."

You just stood there, looking at mussed hair, trying not the think about all the times he kept.

"Please tell me something. Anything."

Nothing.