Carey Price

For @1774Hemmings

Requests are open until June 30th 11:59 MST. Please message me or comment on the Surprise! chapter so I can keep track of them all. And while you wait you can read my other stories! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a pretty calm afternoon for you so you decided to go walk around downtown and see what the shops had to offer.

Looking down at your phone, you walked into the coffee shop, and a very tall, attractive man. Who just so happened to get coffee all over your jacket. He seemed more upset than you did.

"I am so sorry. I should have been looking where I was going." He handed you napkins and helped tried to prevent staining. "Saddles and Sirloins?"

"Yeah, you know what they say. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl." You introduced yourself once your jacket was cleaned on.

"I'm Carey Price."

"I thought you looked familiar." You laughed at yourself once you realized who he was.

"Well let me buy your drink. I did almost ruin your jacket."

"Oh please. The first time I wore this, it was when I was helping the vet tube my horse." The horrified look on his face was priceless.

"Do I want to know?" He had a confused look, with a raised brow.

"I might wait to share that story another day."

"So what are you drinking?"

"Large white chocolate mocha, extra shot with pecan and marshmallow."

"Sounds great. I'll take two." He paid the barista and went with you to grab a table.

"So you have horses?"

"A whole ranch full. Being the farmer's daughter has its perks."

"What breeds?"

"We breed quarters, but I have an Arab and a leopard appy."

"Spirited creatures."

"Yeah," you laughed, "they are." you thought back to the times when they were just colts and you were a teenager trying to train them. "Do you ride?"

"Yeah during the off season. Have a few of my own. I like to rope."

"Team roping was my favorite in college. Still is, actually. If my partner would get his shit together."

He checked the time, almost immediately jumping up. "Ah. I have to at the arena in 10 minutes." Carey grabbed his drink. "If you aren't busy, I can put you on the family and friends list and get you a ticket if you want. Can't promise it'll be great but I'll be able to-"

"I'd love to, carry. You should probably get going though."

"Not without your number."

"Okay I'll call you." He recited his number and you pressed send. "Now go. I don't want to be the reason you're late."

"Pretty good reason to be late." He winked at you and hurried out the door.