Corey Crawford

For @Flyerslass1

Changed it up a bit for the Cup win.

Requests are open until June 30th 11:59 MST (tonight). Please message me or comment on the Surprise! chapter so I can keep track of them all. And while you wait you can read my other stories! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were the one that got away, according to his friends and family. They always said that those were his words, but you never believed them.

It was bittersweet when you found out he would be coming to town with the cup. You thought he probably had a girlfriend and if he didn't, it was pretty obvious that professional hockey players didn't date girls like you.

Or so you thought.

Corey's mom invited you and your family over the night before the cup arrived to have a sort of pre-party.

You grabbed a beer, not realizing that Corey was there, and started socializing with some former classmates.

You thought things were going great, until you got a tap on your shoulder. "Hey want to go for a walk?" Corey smiled at you.

You found yourself hesitating, not sure if you wanted unresolved feelings coming up and ruining your summer home.

"Uh, sure." The two of you left his parents yard, avoiding people on the way out. You could hear whispers but tried to ignore them.

"So how have you been?" He asked you, studying your expression.

"Good. Good. How's Chicago? Aside from the constant criticism?"

He laughed, "It's great but even two Stanley cups don't seem to quiet the critics."

"Yeah, they're always going to find something to bitch about. It's their job."

You walked and shared about your separate lives for a while before he stopped in his tracks and you kept walking. "So is there a guy in your life."

"Nah. Me and boys don't seem to want the same thing." You stopped and turned around to see him beaming, slowly closing in the gap between you two.

"So I can do this?" You raised an eye brow as he tucked a piece of hair behind your ear and gently placed his lips on yours.

"Come on Crawford. I've been waiting for you to do that for years. Act like you mean it." You admitted, immediately regretting it.

"Really? Years?"

"Oh shut up and kiss me already." You grabbed his collar and pulled him down towards you.