Sidney Crosby

When you first met Sidney, you two hit it off right away. The two of you talked like you had known each other forever and it just worked. Everything was great until you told each other how old you were. 

"Wow. Twelve years." He said. 

"Yeah." 

"We can make this work." He was determined that you could.

And you did. Things were great. He supported you with your job and you went to ever home game you possibly could. Then, he proposed. 

The two of you were happy to start planning the wedding, but after a while you realized you two were at very different times in your lives. He was 35, but you were only 23. As much as you wanted kids, you wanted to be a little older. Because who has their life together at 23?

Lucky people.

Or boring people. Depends on how you see it.

"What's going on, babe?" He asked you one night at the dinner table. He could tell you had something on your mind because you weren't talking and you started picking at your food.

"Are you sure this is going to work? Because if it's not, I want to know now before we get married. I don't want a divorce." You told him, afraid of meeting his eye.

"Of course it's going to work. Why wouldn't it?"

"We are at completely different times in our lives. I know you want children but I still want to wait a couple of years.." You moved the cheesy broccoli from one side of your plate to the other. Afraid of crying, you still refused to look at him.

"Babe, look at me." His voice was soft and calming, making you feel a little better. You lifted your head up, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear. "I said we can make this work and we will. If we wait a few years, that is fine with me."

"Okay." You whispered, still unsure of the situation.

"You just want to be able to drink and not worry about a child at home."

The corner of your mouth turned up as you paused before saying, "Maybe."

"Knew it." He smiled and grabbed both of our plates before scraping them off and putting them in the dishwasher. "I will do everything in my power to make this work out. I love you and you're the only one I can see myself with." He gently tilted your chin up so that you could look him in the eyes. "You're my world."

He brushed his lips against yours and you wrapped your arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

"I love you." You murmured, thinking about how maybe this would work after all