Aaron Ekblad

LMAO brought soccer into this one. Funny how things like that happen...

And I'm totally jamming to Taylor Swift even though I'm not supposed to be dancing hahhaa.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

You and your friends were out getting ice cream, sitting outside in the Florida heat. Short shorts and tank tops were still too much clothing to be outside.

"Hello hot guys." One of your best friends looked over her sunglasses and then to the other girls you were sitting with. You just rolled your eyes, not caring about them.

You were the different one of the group. The athlete. The one who long boarded. The one who would rather dream about Lionel Messi than actually be with any of the guys at your school.

You wore cut offs and vans and bro tanks. There were too many bracelets and anklets on your body to count. And your friends wouldn't be caught dead with their sun bleached hair a mess and a big headband, but that's the way everyone liked it.

"Probably douche bags anyway." You shrugged, scrolling through twitter.

"Yeah but they're hot."

"So is Ronaldo but he's still cocky. But in a hot way." You started humming a Taylor Swift song to signal that the conversation was over.

Your friends started giggling when the boys smiled at them and winked. You just kept to yourself, nodding your head to the song that wasn't playing.

"You're so embarrassing sometimes." One of them shook their head and the others just laughed.

"Oh you don't know embarrassing." You found a song on your phone, turning the volume all the way up and halfway dancing into the middle of the courtyard area, clapping along to Taylor Swift.

"It's a new soundtrack I could dance to this beat, beat. Forevermore. The lights are so bright, but they never blind me, me. Welcome to New York. New York! It's been waiting for ya." You sang along at the top of your lungs and danced obnoxiously, much to all of your friends' displeasure. The attractive boys were laughing and watching you make a complete fool of yourself.

You just went ham until the song ended. It was a regular thing at soccer games, especially after you won. The only difference is the guys usually joined in.

You sat down with a table full of red faced girls that were trying to stop laughing, even though they were embarrassed to be with someone who would do such a thing.

"I love you but you need to never sing in public again."

"Excuse me." You felt someone tap your shoulder so you turned around.

"I'm Aaron. I saw your uh, performance and was wondering if I could get your number." You looked him up and down and decided that he wasn't half bad. If he wanted your number after that, he probably was better than you thought.

"Do you play soccer?"

"No, hockey. But I can juggle a soccer ball."

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No?" He started to get confused.

"Are you willing to watch She's the Man?"

"I guess."

"Okay, you can have my number." You took his phone, putting your number in as "New York Ice Cream Girl" and gave it back to him. "I expect a text tonight."

"Oh you'll get one." He winked, leaving to go back to his friends.

"I will never understand you." Everyone stared in awe as you finished your half melted ice cream.

"That's just the way I like it."