Antoine Roussel

I always forget how adorable Rouss is. Requests still open. Hoping to get more done as I'm on the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were getting anxious, eight hours in the air was eight too many. You were excited to get to France and spend the summer backpacking around Europe with Antoine, but it was still too long.

"Stop fidgeting."  Your boyfriend smiled with closed eyes. "Just go to sleep. I have that zzquil if you need it."

"No." You huffed and crossed your arms. You were kind of acting like a princess, but he didn't seem to mind. He was the one that insisted on going out on the town one last time. Which ended up without any sleep, just a rush to get everything together.

"I'm going to get you drunk. Just relax and watch a movie. I would like to sleep." He kissed your temple and went back to resting. Eventually, you went to sleep and only woke up when he plane landed.

"We're in Paris." He whispered in your ear, sending shivers down your spine.

The two of your would meet his family there and go back to his hometown for a while before heading out on your backpacking adventure. It was his idea. You had said you wanted to see Eastern Europe, so he made it happen. Just like he made everything else you wanted happen.

You were so thankful for him and had no idea how you got so lucky.

"What are you thinking about?" He wondered, smiling at you as he grabbed your luggage.

"I'm so lucky to have such a sweet boyfriend," you smiled at him, "I'm so happy to be with you."

"No," he replied with a wide grin, "I am the lucky one. To have such a girlfriend that would do everything that you've done for me. You're basically a wife."

"You know how I am with that word, babe."

"Mmm yeah." He started laughing, "But I want you to be my wife. Haven't decided when or where I'm going to ask, but I will. Probably not this summer, because I don't want you to be on edge." He kissed you once more, "Or maybe I'm asking you now, since you aren't the kind to have a big wedding or want a big proposal."

"Well, hypothetically, if you're asking," you smiled, "I'd definitely say yes. But you're right. Let's have this summer. Then you can give me a ring."

You pushed yourself to your toes, pressing your lips to his. You never wanted to stop, but you knew you had to with all the people around.

"Okay, so what if I have just a small ring I think you'd like. If you don't, I'll just sell it." He look worried, making you smile a little.

"Let me see it," you told him. You just wanted the ring to show that you were taken. You knew you were getting married, but you wanted everyone to know what an amazing boyfriend you had.

He pulled out a simple ring with two small stones. Your birthstones.

"This is so gorgeous. It's amazing, baby. Thank you." You kissed him one last time, not caring if everyone in the airport saw. "My answer is yes, when you ask. I'll be okay with this ring because it's so simple and so-"

"You?"

"Yes. I love it."