Jason Dickinson

Definitely based on I'm Coming Over by Chris Young. Hope you like it! (My writing is definitely a bit rusty)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A whole season was between you and the break up. You picked yourself up, started focusing on school instead of sulking over the past relationship. He ended it abruptly, not giving you a reason.

"Jason, just tell me what's not making you happy. Maybe we can try to fix it." You remember begging that night. It was storming outside. Definitely cliche, but it was that time of year in Texas. You hated it.

"We're just done, okay?" He closed the door, leaving you alone in the apartment you practically shared. It was your place, but he was always over when he had the chance.

Working in the coffee shop just down from the Stars practice arena, the players came around a lot. That's how you met Jason. It was a bittersweet feeling when you knew that he would be back in town for camp. You weren't sure if old feelings would come back if he walked through the door.

Sure enough, they did.

You kept your composure until you were able to take your break. Acting like you weren't still hurt about him just up and leaving was hard. It took everything you had.

It took even more when he texted you later that night.

I'm coming over. We can work this out.

Jason, no. It's been a year.

Baby please, just let me come over.

So you did. He came over. You talked, but it wasn't long before his lips were on yours and he carried you into your bedroom.

"Can we try again?" He asked, brushing a piece of hair behind your ear.

"You left without a reason. Tonight was great, but I don't think I can get past it." Tears were welling up in your eyes as you thought of how hurt you were every time that you saw Stars merchandise or the amount of chocolate ice cream you went through. He didn't know any of that, he never would.

At that moment, you realized he came over to make things better. He wanted you back. He was willing to prove to you that he still loved you. The problem was that you had your closure and now, in only a couple of hours, everything you had worked for in the past year was gone.

"Can we just have this one last night?"

"Yeah," you whispered, trying not to let your voice shake, "of course."