Duncan Keith

For alizeefe

--------------------------------------------------

The baby was finally able to fly and Duncan was upset that he would be missing two weeks of the newborn's life. Sure, there was Skype but it just wasn't the same.

So you packed up your four year old and the baby and you were off to the east coast to see your husband.

You bought glass seats for the New Jersey game and your oldest child made a poster.

Duncan skated over, waving at his boys and blowing a kiss to you.

Afterwards, he found you, taking his youngest right out of your arms to introduce him to those who hadn't seen him yet. Your other little boy was running around, playing with the big boys.

You smiled, taking it all in. You never would have imagined your life to be like this, but now you can't imagine it any other way.

"We're taking the train to the Capital tomorrow." He told you.

"Funny. We are too. Maybe we'll see you on it." 

"I sure hope you do. I'm not getting enough kid time." He handed you the newborn and started playing with his other son.

"That's the life of a hockey player. We sure miss you on long trips like this. That's why I surprised you."

"This is the best surprise I've had in a long time."