Brendan Gallagher

"What do you mean, we can't go on our date tonight?" You yelled at Brendan across your kitchen. "I've been waiting all week for this. I made an appointment to get my hair done and I shaved my legs for you. I cannot believe this."

"Babe, just listen." He stepped closer to you, probably hoping you wouldn't slap him.

"No. Get out of my kitchen now." He nodded his head and silently left your house. You took a deep breath, sliding down the front of your refridgerator while shaking. It took you a while to calm down, but once you did, you were even more pissed. Pissed but apathetic.

He had been doing this a lot lately, canceling on you and getting out of hanging out. He always had a legitimate excuse and never lied, but that didn't make it any easier on you. At least he never cancelled over the phone. It was always in person.

Is this what dating a hockey player feels like? You thought to yourself. Getting let down and being lonely?

You went back to your room and changed into a pair of his sweats, throwing your hair into a messy bun. You grabbed a fork out of the drawer and the Ben & Jerry's container out of your freezer before sitting in front of the tv and turning on netflix.

You started rewatching Friday Night Lights. You never really loved football but loved this tv series. This was the fifth time watching some of the episodes, but who wouldn't want to look at TIm Riggins that much? Crazy girls, that's who.

After a few episodes - five to be exact - you heard a knock on the door. You groaned, but got up to get it. On the other side was Brendan with a bag of take out and a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm sorry, but it's mandatory team bonding over dinner. I had to go. But I got you a steak and it should still be warm if you eat it soon." A smile slowly spread across your face and you threw your arms around his neck.

"You're the best, Gally." You took the food from him and sat down at the table while he found a vase to put your flowers in.

"So did you really shave your legs for me?" He casually asked.

"Yeah." You told him with a mouth full of beef, "You can feel them if you want. Oh, this is so good. Thank you."

"So am I out of the woods for this?" He set the flowers in the middle of the table. 

"Kind of. The steak does help your case a little."

"Well, I'm still going to make up for it."