Tom Wilson

Thinking about making this into an actual fic, just not sure yet lol kind of got a lot on my plate.. I also have a month long break coming up so anything can happen :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting at a bar in DC, "taking in the local culture" as your friends said. It was a rare occasion that you had time to go up to the nation's capital. Most of the time you were training at Quantico, about 45 minutes down the road.

"Damn. We've been stuck with the same guys for months. It's nice to see new faces." Your friend looked around, catching the eyes of the men looking at you two. "Speaking of new faces, I like his."

She went off to talk to the attractive guy at the end of the bar. You were sitting alone as the guys you came with all went off to find catches of the day. Or night. You wanted to interrupt and tell the girls which guy was actually worth the drunken memories.

It wasn't a secret that there was a lot of sleeping around going on down there. Your friends from home said that it was just like law school. Only with guns and what not.

"Hey pretty lady, can I buy you a drink?" The guy slurred his words, leaning all over you. He was repulsive but you weren't going to turn down free alcohol.

"Double shot of Crown on the rocks."

"What are you doing here all alone?"

"Not alone. Thanks for the drink though." You grabbed your glass, turning on the stool to leave, but he wasn't going to let you go.

"Come on, do you want to dance?" He had a hold on your arm, squeezing harder than he should.

"No, I'd like to go find my friends."

"Come on doll face."

You took a deep breath. If you fought this guy, you'd be in major trouble. He just wasn't taking no for an answer.

"She said no." Some man came over, pushing the other away from me. "Leave her alone."

The guy ran off, mumbling an apology. "Are you okay?"

"I could handle that myself, thanks."

"It didn't-"

"Can it, I don't care." You ordered another drink and went to the floor to dance. The guy followed you, but never did anything to make you uncomfortable. It was like he was watching over you.

"I'm Tom."

"I'm thirsty. Another Jack and coke please." You smiled, handing him your glass.

"Only if you come have a conversation with me."

"I guess."

You went off into a booth with him as he told you about his job, but you weren't budging on anything about your personal life. "You're pretty quiet, aren't you?"

"Kinda have to be."

"Why's that?"

"Not all of us are NHL fighters. Some of us are more behind the scenes. Going to Quantico for schooling. Trained in hand to hand combat. Did a tour with the Marine Corps."

"Damn. You really could handle your own. That's hot. Can I have your number?" He was up-front about his attraction to you, but so were all the guys you were in training with.

"Not about NHL fuckboys, sorry babe."

"I wouldn't fuck around with a lady like you. You could make me disappear. You're intimidating and I like it." You laughed, wondering how many girls he's used that line on. "I'm serious."

"Fine, just don't expect me to be at every one of your games or drive up here to see you on the weekends."

"Then I'll have to come to you."