Tyler Seguin

"Tyler, you can't keep doing this. I refuse to be the girl that looks the other way when you shamelessly flirt with other girls." You stood across the living room from your boyfriend. Or at least, you thought he was your boyfriend. Lately, he hadn't really been acting like it.

"Just listen to me." The two of you had been yelling for an hour and he was a mess. He looked as if he hadn't gotten sleep in days and was wandering around lost.

"Why should I? It's always the same ol' story." You snapped, not caring about what his excuse was this time. It was always something ridiculous.

'Oh that's how I am with all my fans'

'Don't worry about her'

'You're the only one I have eyes for'

Bullshit.

"Please, I'm begging you." He stepped closer to you, making sure you wouldn't run.

"Fine."

"I made a really big mistake, I know that. It's hard going from not caring before to actually needing someone to stay. I slip up and I forget." 

You just looked at him, at his expression. He was really selling that he was actually upset that you were going to leave him. It was probably the first time it would have happened. What girl in their right mind would walk out on Tyler Seguin?

One that was really pissed at his player ways.

"You're really good at acting, maybe you can get into that after you retire in however many years." You turned to leave, but he wasn't having that.

"Listen to me, damn it. I'm not finished." Tyler yelled and you pulled your hand back from the door knob. "There's something about you that I never found in other girls. Mainly, you won't put up with my shit. I'd be an idiot to let you walk away. I- I think I love you." Apparently that's not an emotion he usually attached to anyone besides family and his dog.

You rolled your eyes, not impressed with his attempt to make you stay, "Think? I need someone that knows. I'm not going to waste my time waiting around for you to possibly say that you love me and still hit on other girls. If you want them, that's fine. You can have them. You just can't have me too."

You hoped that he would give a good enough reason for you to stay. This was harder on you than it was on him. Much, much harder. You didn't want to leave, but you refused to deal with what he was doing. No girl should have to go through this.

"Give me a chance to find out. It's still early in the relationship. I- this is hard for me. I don't know how to not mess things up."

It was getting late and you were getting tired of fighting."Why do you deserve a chance, Tyler?" You sighed, hoping he would let it go sometime soon. Or just give you a reason to stay.

"Because I want to make it work with you. I know I'm an idiot, but I want you. I need you." His eyes were pleading for an answer. You didn't realize how close he was to you until he reached out and brushed a piece of hair from your face. "Please, just give me another chance." 

"I don't trust you, Ty. There needs to be trust in a relationship to make it work."

"I'll do whatever it takes to get it back."