Corey Crawford

For mrscoreycrawford

----------------------------------------------------

You stood across the room from your best friend. You didn't want to believe that he wouldn't hurt you. There were too many 'what if's' flying around in your brain.

"You're going to leave." You told him, as if it was a done deal.

"No I'm not."

"You're a hockey player, you're going to cheat."

"No I'm not." He sighed. He was clearly not wanting to fight about this. 

"What if you do?"

"What if I don't?"

You had no idea what to say. There wasn't a way this would end well. You knew pro hockey player's reputations. Corey had told you about what his teammates did when they were away. You were scared and didn't want your best friend to hurt you. That was something you couldn't come back from.

"What if-"

"What if we're meant for each other? Huh? What if I change your last name? What then?"

"I don't know." You mumbled, pulling your sweater over your hands.

"We could be so good together if you just gave us as chance." He walked towards you. Corey pushed the hair out of your face and kissed you. There was no going back now. "If you don't like it after a few dates, we can go back to being friends."

"Corey, after that kiss it's going to be damn near impossible to just 'being friends'."