Heartbreak on a Full Moon

the readers pronouns are they/them

warning(s): angst

You hummed softly as you strolled through the halls of castle Dimitrescu, your nose burrowed in the book you were holding. Bela had thrown it at you once she finished reading it and had grumbled something about a stupid ending which had piqued your interest. As you read, the sound of buzzing reached you before the screams of help did, causing a smile to tug at your lips.

'Ah, I see one of the sisters grew bored. Probably Daniela.'

Their mother had given them a challenge — one you and the lady found very humorous — figure out which one would crack last. You and your girlfriend's mother had even placed bets on who it would be. You knew it was going to be Bela but, lady Dimitrescu gave Cassandra the benefit of the doubt.

The sound of buzzing multiplied and your smile grew wider. That was until it stopped behind you and a pair of cold arms wrapped around your waist. A different smile took over your features as your girlfriend forced you to a halt by planting her feet and tightening her grip on you, forcing you to stumble back into her and giving her full access to bury her face in your neck.

"I can't do this anymore, I'm going insane." Cassandra whined into your neck, nuzzling into you more.

"Going, dear?" You mused, ignoring the hiss from your girlfriend.

"I'll bite you."

"Kinky."

"Gross." The voices of the other two sounded out in unison, making you jump slightly in your girlfriend's embrace.

Your face began to heat up when Cassandra giggled and nipped at your skin, her cold hands slipping under your shirt and making you shriek. The giggles of the other two caused you to jump away from Cassandra, pointing an accusatory finger at the three of them.

"Feral children! You three planned this!"

"Duh." Daniela grumbled, her arms crossing over her chest. "We know you and mother placed bets on who would win."

"It's just a little fun." You laughed, not being phased by your girlfriend pulling you into her arms yet again.