A Spider's Web pt. 3

this part has a memory (all italics) so, warnings for that part: alcoholism, hints of abuse, attempted murder, murder/cannibalism (? is it cannibalism if the one doing the eating is the mother of spiders?), mentions of selling a child (y/n is 14 in the memory)

underlined words = spider hisses (even in the italics section)

reader uses she/her pronouns and is the daughter of Aracne

"We heard that," The three smirked at you before you felt a light pressure on your lips and cheeks that disappeared as quickly as it appeared. "We expect you to keep your word."

"...Okay," You squeaked out, trying to stop your smile. "I-I will."

One Week Later

It had been one week since your mother stopped by and you had rarely left the side of one of the ladies the entire time. You had told them why you were terrified of your mother — although you had begged them for wine beforehand. They had stayed with you until you had calmed down from reliving that trauma, allowing you to sleep with them when you grew tired. That's how you ended up dreaming of that night — the night you desperately wanted to forget.

You sighed as your father came home reeking of alcohol and perfume, knowing he and your mother would argue yet again. It had become more constant than you'd like to admit — even to the point where your mother had stopped trying to hide her spider half. You had been freaked out when she first stopped caring and began walking around with her lower-spider half, but you eventually got used to it. Your father, on the other hand, did not and that's when he started cheating more often.

It hurt to see your mother so upset about it, but there wasn't much that you could do to stop your father. He was gone by the time the sun came up and only came back when the moon was high in the sky. You had tried talking to him about it before, but every time you did, he'd get violent and your mother would have to step in so you didn't get too injured. She had scolded you after that — telling you that it was too dangerous to confront him.

You were sent to bed early that night — your mother saying she was going to take care of your father so he knew not to harm you ever again. When night came and he stumbled home, you pretended to be asleep until the arguing started, slowly getting out of bed. Your mother's voice faded away and a moment later, your father's screams filled the air. Your heart stopped for a moment as you rushed out of your room and followed the sound.

The sight before you made you freeze and stare at your mother in fear. Her upper half had more spider features than normal — including fangs that were currently embedded in your father's body. You took a hesitant step back as tears pricked your eyes, watching the life fade from your father's eyes as his head lulled back. Your mother's gaze snapped over to you and she immediately dropped your father's body, her features returning to normal — even her lower half became human again.

"Baby girl..." She spoke loud enough for you to hear, but not too loud to startle you. "Please... Let me explain..."

"You... You killed him!" You cried out and noticed her immediate flinch. "That's not "taking care" of him, that's murder!"

"I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO!"

You flinched away from her booming voice and backed up until your back collided with the wall as she made her way over to you. "...You're a murderer..."