Coffee House Confessions pt. 3

this takes place after the first part/after the reader and cass have started dating
trans!cass
transphobia will NOT be tolerated. you will be reported and blocked immediately if i see any transphobia in the comments here. i know i don't have to worry about that from a lot of you (since i have trans characters and I'm trans myself) but, just adding this just in case since this head-canon is mtf!cass
modern au
reader uses she/her pronouns

You sighed as you unlocked your dorm door, dropping your keys in the key bowl next to the door before stepping aside and letting your roommate, Isa, trudge in. Between classes, work, and studying for exams, neither of you seemed to be able to relax. Cassandra asked to hang out this weekend since you finally had time away from work, and you had agreed, but now all you wanted to do was sleep.

As you trudged to your room, your phone pinged in your pocket, making you pull it out the moment you flopped onto your bed. The text was from Cassandra and it filled you with hope — knowing you'll be able to get a nap in before spending time with her so you won't be as tired. Her mother was in town so she and her sisters were getting lunch with her, meaning you had about two hours to nap.

"You get the text?" Isa called from your doorway, already down to the oversized shirt they normally sleep in. "I'm gonna set an alarm."

"Mhm," You hummed before glancing back at them. "Help me get ready for a nap?"

"...Only because you make sure I wear my binder for the proper amount of time."

"It's the least I can do."

Isa smiled before moving over to you and helping you get undressed. It wasn't the first time they had seen you like this — and vice versa — so when they paused, you shot them a small glare. They only did that when they realized they were wearing their binder for too long. With a nervous chuckle, they took off their binder from under their shirt before helping me change into a shirt and some shorts.

"Give it."

"I have more."

"Now," You demanded and held out your hand. "You'll get it back when we wake up. That should be enough time between wearing it."

Isa grumbled as they practically threw their binder on your bed. "You're mean."

"I'm protecting your health because you apparently don't know how to do that."

"...I appreciate it," They whispered with a small smile. "Now get some sleep before this movie date they all wanted."

"You too," You giggled before laying down. "And, thanks. It's been rough so, I appreciate the help."

"What else are friends for?"

Cassandra POV
Two Hours Later

After mother had to leave for her meeting, we all got into Bela's car and I pulled out my phone, sending a text to [Y/N] saying we were headed over. The theater wasn't far from campus so walking wouldn't be an issue, plus, it provided more space. Daniela shifted and tapped my shoulder, sending me a smile when I glanced back.

"Isa says [Y/N] is still asleep, how do you wish to proceed?"

"You four can go to the movie," I shrugged with a smile. "I guess I'll stay and make dinner."

"You'll burn the dorm down," Bela chuckled before sending me a glance. "On a serious note, just follow the instructions of whatever recipe you find. You got this."