Cursed Soul

the reader uses she/they pronouns
i was waiting to finish part 2 before i posted this but i'll work on part 2 during this shift. so you'll get a part 2, don't worry <3
warning(s): angst, implied death/sacrifice (end of chapter)

Year: 19??

You weren't sure when it happened, but the village had become... Dark. Your father used to tell you stories about times before mother Miranda was in charge of the village — generations before you were born. Now? The village was a shell of what it once was. What was once a bustling and friendly village, was now secluded and shunned outsiders. Women that went to the castle never returned. Men and women alike disappeared in the middle of the night, and the next day there'd be more howls from the lycans.

Times had always been tough for your family, but you never thought they'd get so bad that your own father would practically sell you to lady Dimitrescu. You were terrified of your time at the castle, but it's not like you were able to leave. The ladies were strict and you were beginning to wonder if lady Cassandra ever slept. Not that you minded — her beauty always mesmerized you, especially at night.

The sun had set on the conclusion of your sixth month at the castle, but you weren't able to sleep. You let out a frustrated sigh before getting out of bed and leaving your room, making your way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Cassandra leaned against the counter, glancing up at you once you grabbed a glass. She moved behind you and gripped your waist, her lips brushing against the shell of your ear.

"Everyone's asleep."

"I agreed to only one time," You muttered as the memories of your last encounter with the middle sister returned.

You were pinned against the wall the moment you stepped into the kitchen, a soft gasp escaping you before your eyes locked with gold ones. Cassandra's pupils were dilated and her breathing was heavy, the grip she had on your waist tightening. You whimpered at the pressure — pain and pleasure shooting through your body. It was obvious that your interaction a few hours ago riled her up.

"My lady?" You breathed and glanced at her lips.

"Yes or no?"

"Pardon?"

"...Do you want me to take you, yes or no?" Cassandra pulled your body flush against hers, one hand sliding down to grip your thigh. "You'll have to be quiet."

"...Yes," You gasped when she squeezed your thigh, rocking your hips against her thigh. "I'll be quiet, my lady... Take me."

Cassandra squeezed your waist and pulled you from the memory, making you clear your throat. There was a chuckle from behind you and you knew your heart was racing. Her lips moved to your jaw and began leaving kisses, making you lean against her. You had told yourself after the first time that you weren't going to do it again, but the tenderness of her kisses and the way she held you made your heart swell with warmth.

"If you wish to stick to your word—," You turned before she could continue, glancing up and locking eyes with her.

"My room isn't too far," You whispered and shuddered at her grin. "Why come back for more?"

"...I... Felt a connection. Every noise you made — every soft beg for more — made me feel alive again. I want to chase that high again."

"Then let's go."

Two Weeks Later

After that night, Cassandra asked you to be her girlfriend. You, of course, said yes immediately. Her family had found out at breakfast when Cassandra had refused to let go of your hand and had been surprisingly accepting of the relationship.

You hummed to yourself as you cleaned your girlfriend's room, happiness finally washing over you. You weren't sure when the last time you were happy was, but thanks to Cassandra and her family, it was an emotion you were able to feel again. A pair of arms wrapped around your waist before an ice-cold kiss was planted on your cheek.

"Mother said that since you didn't voluntarily want to work here, you don't have to anymore," Cassandra whispered and turned you in her hold. "But if you enjoy the paycheck, you can stay as a maid and work part-time."

"Full time is fine," You whispered and wrapped your arms around her neck. "You're going to whisk me away whenever you want anyway, so I might as well keep working full time."

"Fine," Cassandra grumbled before pecking your lips. "After you finish in here, I want to cuddle."

"As you wish, my love."

Five Years Later

It had been five years since you started dating Cassandra and over the last six months, she has shown a great interest in marriage — or, at least proposing. You finished your last chore before you began heading to your shared room. Before you could reach it, however, something dull and hard hit the back of your head — causing your world to fade to black.

When you finally came to, a group of people surrounded you — stared down at you. Blue eyes locked with your terrified [E/C] ones before a wicked grin spread across the man's face. Your heart stopped for a second at the crazed look in his eyes — having seen your girlfriend and her sisters with the same look countless times. A rough hand gripped your jaw and didn't let you look away from the blue eyes, pulling a faint whimper from you when the man leaned closer and you were able to get a better look at him.

"We found her soul again," He cooed before brushing hair out of your face. "And just in time... We can't allow the soulmates to get engaged... You don't remember your curse, do you?"

"Curse?" You whimpered out when the hand on your jaw tightened.

"You're meant to die on the day Cassandra Dimitrescu proposes to you. Soulmates never meant to be together due to a prophecy we gods received. Hera! Time for the ritual!"

A woman with blue eyes stepped into the light — a blade in her hands. You began squirming when she got closer, tears welling in your eyes as your memories with Cassandra flashed in your mind. When the woman stopped next to you, she leaned down — the blade hovering directly over your chest — but before she drove the blade into your heart, Hera whispered something that only you could hear. Something your soul desperately clung to.

"There will be a child of Hades that breaks the curse for you," Her words were confident, but it was hard for you to believe. "Look for them in the future — in 100 years."