Rosa Canina pt. 2

the reader uses she/her pronouns

Spring. Spring had finally rolled around and you were able to get back to working in the garden. That was partially why you wanted to get Cassandra the flower, you wanted to see her happy and to have her ask you to grow them in the garden. But that never happened. In fact, after that day, you didn't speak to anyone unless one of the ladies spoke to you directly. Lady Dimitrescu had to basically force you to eat and drink for a few weeks, which surprised you immensely. 

You had expected her to just kill you and use you to make her signature wine, but you were glad you were able to see another spring. Most of the days were spent outside for you, making it easier to forget Cassandra. What also made it easier to forget her was lady Bela. She'd join you out in the garden on warmer days, staying in the shaded parts as she read her book or watched you garden. It was a common thing for her when she didn't have to be in the cellar, keeping those things down there. 

She had found out what Cassandra had said to you when she found out about your crush on her and decided she'd be there for you to make it easier to get over her aggressive sister. And it was working, the two of you quickly became best friends. Today was a cloudy day, not even a single beam of sunlight showing which meant Bela could actually be next to you. But that also meant her other sisters were outside too — not that you minded lady Daniela, you absolutely adored her, you just didn't want to be around lady Cassandra. You felt a pressure on your shoulder and jumped slightly, whipping your head around to see Bela holding in a laugh.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." She giggled, kneeling next to you. "You just seemed a lot more tense than usual."

"I think you know why, lady Bela." You whispered, your gaze flickering over to Cassandra who had been staring at you the entire time. "Lady Cassandra hasn't stopped watching me."

Bela hummed in thought before leaning closer to you, causing your face to heat up. She giggled softly before pressing a gentle kiss to your cheek, sending you a wink when you gave her a confused look. You went back to gardening, ignoring the golden glare from Cassandra. Lady Dimitrescu had managed to get some Rosa Canina seeds, allowing you to grow them in the garden. 

You were thankful she did, not because you wanted to grow them for Cassandra anymore but because you found them to be very gorgeous, and it made you happy to know you could grow them. Lunch rolled around and Bela brought you some food, knowing you'd like to spend more time in the garden than in the castle since winter lasts so long in the mountains. You thanked her as you started to eat, taking mental note of her glancing somewhere before giving you another kiss on your cheek.

'What is with her today?'

After you had finished eating, you were going to bring your dishes inside, only to be stopped by Daniela. She took your dishes and glanced behind you, pressing a gentle kiss on your other cheek, baffling you further. She was gone before you could even question her, leaving you to turn around and head back into the garden, noticing Cassandra glaring at you once more.