Coffee House Confessions

trans!cass
transphobia will NOT be tolerated. you will be reported and blocked immediately if i see any transphobia in the comments here. i know i don't have to worry about that from a lot of you (since i have trans characters and i'm trans myself) but, just adding this just in case since this head-canon is mtf!cass
modern au
reader uses she/her pronouns

You sighed as you sat on a stool behind the counter, waiting for the first customer of the day to come in. If it wasn't for how things ended last night, you wouldn't mind the slow pace — but seeing your ex with the person she cheated on you with left a sour taste in your mouth. You glanced up when the bell chimed above the door, the wind being knocked out of you when your eyes landed on the women entering.

The ginger had a laptop in one arm while she pointed at something the brunette was showing her. You sent the blonde a smile and happily took their order, letting them know you'll get started on it immediately while they took their seats. As you made their drinks — and checked on the muffins they ordered — you overheard one of them speak, making your actions stutter for a moment.

"Hey, Cass, isn't she in some of your classes?"

"I thought she looked familiar," Another one hummed, the smile in her voice clear as she continued. "You couldn't stop talking about—."

"Shut up!" A third voice finally hissed, making you fight back a smile. "Yeah, she is, now shut up so I can focus."

"On her or your assignment?"

"Bela!"

You placed their drinks on a tray before grabbing their muffins and doing the same, picking the tray up shortly after. Once you were at their table, you sent them a warm smile and placed their orders in front of them, letting your gaze drop to the drawing notebook the brunette was working in. That's when it clicked for you. The richest girls in your college decided to come to the coffee shop you worked at to get coffee.

"What's your name?" The redhead — Daniela — inquired, happily sipping her mocha.

"[Y/N]," You responded with a smile, nearly shuddering at the way her eyes narrowed in judgment before they brightened.

"Cute name! Do you have any classes with me? I'd love to sit next to a pretty girl instead of listening to a boring lecture."

Heat rushed to your cheeks as you giggled, waving off her words. "You certainly know how to fluster someone."

"It's part of my job," Daniela shrugged before taking one of your hands in her own. "How about I take you on a—."

"Dani!" The brunette — Cassandra — exclaimed before said woman released your hand. "We're sorry about her, she hasn't been fixed yet."

"I hate you."

"Whatever."

The blonde — Bela — cleared her throat and set her tea down, sending you a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry about my sisters, please, ignore them and enjoy the rest of your shift. We won't bother you anymore."

"It's fine," You giggled before bowing slightly to them. "It's helped me forget last night."

That seemed to grab Cassandra's attention, but before any of them could question what you meant, the bell chimed again. You glanced over at the door and even though the smile remained on your face, your chest ached at the sight of your ex with her new boyfriend. The two had announced an unexpected — yet not unwelcomed — pregnancy. Not even four months after your break up.