Coffee House Confessions pt. 2

PREQUEL
part 3 anyone?

trans!cass
transphobia will NOT be tolerated. you will be reported and blocked immediately if i see any transphobia in the comments here. i know i don't have to worry about that from a lot of you (since i have trans characters and I'm trans myself) but, just adding this just in case since this head-canon is mtf!cass
modern au
reader uses she/her pronouns

Cassandra POV

I groaned as I flopped face-first onto my bed, a pang in my chest as the memories from school returned. Dani had suggested I finally talk to [Y/N] — find out how she'd react to me being trans — but all of that changed when I saw her talking to a blonde woman with a blue streak in her hair.

The two laughed about something as I got closer to them — my stomach churning in disgust when I saw the two kiss. 'I'm probably not even her type,' I internally groaned, an ache reaching my chest at [Y/N]'s giggle. 'I guess it won't hurt to ask?' Once I took my seat, I opened my sketchbook and got to work, not even bothering to look up when [Y/N] sat next to me. She hated it — I knew that. Her reaction when we were assigned this project together was more than enough proof.

"No, 'good morning'?" She inquired with an airy giggle, making my heart pound in my chest. "Did I hurt your feelings that much with what I said? I-I'm sorry if—."

"No," I cut her off and focused more on my drawing. "Just focused."

She was silent for a while — until an approving hum left her, surprisingly close to my ear. "I'm glad to know the rumors were false... You're so talented."

"Talent and a lot of hard work."

"Don't have to tell me twice," She chuckled and leaned back, stretching her arms over her head.

The soft groan that left her forced me to adjust in my seat, heat pooling in my stomach and causing a slight tingle of arousal to spread. I took a shaky breath before the lesson began, for once thankful that the professor was never late.

Once classes ended, I cleared my throat and asked [Y/N] if we could talk, ignoring the confused look she sent me. When we were alone and outside of the classroom, I took a deep breath, deciding to talk as if it were a friend that was trans and not myself. Which wasn't too hard, considering Isa is trans.

"I uhm... I noticed you're part of the LGBTQ—."

"Look, if you're uncomfortable—."

"N-no! I uh... I just... I found out a friend of mine is trans recently and... I wanted to know if you..." I trailed with a low groan, blushing when she burst into laughter.

"Just use the name and pronouns they say. Even if you slip up sometimes, the fact that you're trying will mean so much more to them than they could ever tell you. Don't let this fact change how you treat them and act around them. They're still your friend."

'This is good,' I internally beamed, my heart skipping a beat at her words. 'Maybe in the future, if we're ever close, I'll tell her.'

"Thank you," I sighed with relief, rubbing the back of my neck. "I uhm... I don't want to ruin this friendship — they mean a lot to my family and me. Especially my sister."